Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hick's CTR - locked and loaded (UPDATE)

+5
DocRawk
twin1300
jedishon
wayne
Muntz
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hick's CTR - locked and loaded (UPDATE) Empty Hick's CTR - locked and loaded (UPDATE)

Post  Muntz Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:48 pm

I ordered Hicks CTR this weekend. Can't wait to feel the difference.

Last edited by on Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Hick's CTR - locked and loaded (UPDATE) Empty Re: Hick's CTR - locked and loaded (UPDATE)

Post  wayne Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:00 pm

I got one when I was haveing problems with my hand. I jambed 3 fingers at the same time, and my whole hand was swollen. It reduces about 40%. If it wernt for the bad hand, I wouldnt have gotten it.

wayne

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Hick's CTR - locked and loaded (UPDATE) Empty Re: Hick's CTR - locked and loaded (UPDATE)

Post  Muntz Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:09 pm

I dont have a bad hand. Not yet anyways. I do have small hands. Riding downtown and in group formations I thought I'd like to have it. Hell its only 27.00 prolly the least expensive thing I do to the bike. Do you like yours? Do you regret it now that your hand is better?
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  wayne Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:51 am

I like it, my hands are in bad shape, banged up over the last 35 yrs. and now at 56 Im feeling it. I dont have alot of grip in them any more.

wayne

Number of posts : 623

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:54 am

Muntz wrote:I ordered Hicks CTR this weekend. Can't wait to feel the difference.

Let us know what you think of it.
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:21 am

Muntz,

Yes, let us know what you think? You know we don't trust what hick says..... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing With a name like hick, it's probably whittled from wood..... Shocked Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing (just kidding hick)

........................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  DocRawk Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:50 am

I like mine. I've got wrist injury from some martial arts stuff I was doing. Anyway, the constant pulling of the clutch in Dallas traffic makes it flare up occasionally, but it's been a lot better since I installed the CTR.
DocRawk
DocRawk

Number of posts : 118

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:17 pm

Wayne & Brandon, Thanks for the positive responses. Can't wait to run through the gears going ninety to nothing with my hair on fire. geek

Oh wait...I have no hair. scratch
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  DocRawk Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:19 pm

Muntz wrote:Oh wait...I have no hair. scratch
I've been rowin in that boat since I was 20... Cool
DocRawk
DocRawk

Number of posts : 118

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:20 pm

well it only has 2 choices..... Turn Grey or Turn Loose.
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  Tanglefoot Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:21 pm

Muntz wrote:well it only has 2 choices..... Turn Grey or Turn Loose.

Mine didn't turn grey or turn loose I think something must have scared me because mine turned white. My Dad and his Dad both had snow white hair and so do I. I am proud of you guys that have lost your hair and have not tried to hide under an old red squirrel pelt. If my hair disappeared it would save me money 'cause I wouldn't have to spend about $30 a month for haircuts.
Tanglefoot
Tanglefoot
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:31 pm

Mr Robert, There was nothing I could do about it except embrace the baldness. So like everything I do, I did it wide open. Very Happy
The crazy thing though was My grandpa dies with a full head of black hair. Dad was a little bit thinner and mine has run away. Good thing I am not a vain person. Hell what am I talking about, the hair was just helping to hide this beautiful mug of mine. Laughing Laughing Shocked

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:24 pm

smokey2255 wrote:Mr Robert, There was nothing I could do about it except embrace the baldness. So like everything I do, I did it wide open. Very Happy
The crazy thing though was My grandpa dies with a full head of black hair. Dad was a little bit thinner and mine has run away. Good thing I am not a vain person. Hell what am I talking about, the hair was just helping to hide this beautiful mug of mine. Laughing Laughing Shocked

See you out there
Smokey
Yeah, what he said! Me too. scratch
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  Tanglefoot Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:52 pm

Smokey and Muntz, you both had me lolrof. I am still proud of both of you. I don't know which takes the most courage, to hide the fact that there is no hair on your head or just expose it. Heck, what am I talking about no one laughs at a bald guy but they sure do laugh at those guys that try to hide under some kind of rug. cheers cheers cheers for both of you.
Tanglefoot
Tanglefoot
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:52 am

Tanglefoot wrote:Smokey and Muntz, you both had me lolrof. I am still proud of both of you. I don't know which takes the most courage, to hide the fact that there is no hair on your head or just expose it. Heck, what am I talking about no one laughs at a bald guy but they sure do laugh at those guys that try to hide under some kind of rug. cheers cheers cheers for both of you.

The only thing I will hide under a rug is dirt, and thats only if my wifes not watching. lol!
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:10 am

Hick's CTR is here. If I get a chance I'll install it tomorrow.
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:16 am

I'll be waiting on your review, Muntz!

.............bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:43 am

I'm hoping it will remind me of the Clutch pull on that 84 RM125. Of course that and Ebony on the Darkside, I might just go mud riding. lol!
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  vtxjosh Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:02 pm

Hey guys I know this is a dumb question, but what is a CTR? Rolling Eyes
vtxjosh
vtxjosh

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-01-27

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:28 pm

vtxjosh wrote:Hey guys I know this is a dumb question, but what is a CTR? Rolling Eyes

Josh,

It's an extension that you add to your clutch arm down by the motor and transmixer and it extends where the clutch cable connects to give more leverage thusly giving you an easier clutch pull at the handle bars. Hick makes them. Go to the Vendors page if you are interested. It's used by the 1300 crowd because we don't have hydraulic clutch like the 1800's have.

................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  vtxjosh Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:17 pm

twin1300 wrote:
vtxjosh wrote:Hey guys I know this is a dumb question, but what is a CTR? Rolling Eyes

Josh,

It's an extension that you add to your clutch arm down by the motor and transmixer and it extends where the clutch cable connects to give more leverage thusly giving you an easier clutch pull at the handle bars. Hick makes them. Go to the Vendors page if you are interested. It's used by the 1300 crowd because we don't have hydraulic clutch like the 1800's have.

................bobby

Thanks twin! Very Happy
vtxjosh
vtxjosh

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:27 pm

vtxjosh wrote:
twin1300 wrote:

Josh,

................bobby

Thanks twin! Very Happy

Hey Josh, that tread pattern is too cool. I didnt get to put the CTR on this afternoon I forgot I had to pick up my son this evening and it was dark by the time I got home. I guess I'll do it tomorrow after work.
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  vtxjosh Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:58 am

Muntz wrote:

Hey Josh, that tread pattern is too cool.
Thanks man Very Happy have fun putting that CTR on, I love putting new things on my bike! Next month is my birthday and I hope I'll be putting a Thunder Hurricane on my bike the following day.
vtxjosh
vtxjosh

Back to top Go down

Hick's CTR - locked and loaded (UPDATE) Empty Hicks CTR Update.

Post  Muntz Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:31 am

Wll fellas I installed it yesterday. First of all let me say I got the loaner rivet punch. It also came with a DVD. Since I do much better with pictures that was a big bonus.

1. The installation is pretty much a breeze. About 30 mins, mostly b/c I kept dropping that tiny nylock nut.
2. The longest part for me was "tuning" the cluch cable tensioner bracket so that the cable didn't rub on the edges. Hick stressed this in the DVD.
3. Before I put the cover back on I made sure to give it a little test for the friction zone.
4. Got my zone where I wanted it, then I just concentrated on the pull. It seemed almost effortless, like I remember that Suzuki RM 125 back in the early 80's. It felt like butta.
5. Put the cover back on and went for a ride. Found a wooded out of the way area and wondered If this might help with my burnout as the only 2 I had ever done weren't much to talk about. Anyhow I sucessfully do a nice burnout. Go home try a little one infront of the house. Good. Run in and grab my son and tell him you gotta come see this. I crank her up and head back into the street. A few of the neighbors were outside talking. I let it rip and roasted a nice one. Traffice came up behind me but I kept roasting until the smoke started to completely engulf me. Then I sat down on it and shot out of the cloud, with the back end stepping out to the right side still burning rubber, down to my neighbors driveway before I let off of it.
I felt like I was dirt-trackin'.

My wife came out in the middle of the smoke show and turned around and went back inside. When I got back I had an ear to ear grin, My son was like Dad that was too cool the way you came shooting out and the smoke kinda followed you for a while like it was stuck to you.

My wife wanted to know what possessed me to do something like that? I told her it was the 12 yr. old in me. She says great.........I'm going to jail. I asked her why she was going to go to jail. She said "because now Im pregnant for a 12 yr. old"

Final Analysis: The CTR will make your day!!!!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:59 pm

[quote=\"Muntz\"]Wayne & Brandon, Thanks for the positive responses. Can\'t wait to run through the gears going ninety to nothing with my hair on fire. geek

Oh wait...I have no hair. scratch[/quote]

Got the same problem. Now it is wind burn.
harty har har he he... It aint funny yall. This is why I where a helmet.

Muntz We gotta get togather. You too funny. I think I married your wifes sister. Mine tells me the same thing when I cut up. I cut up quite often too. I am country gone to town in my neighbor hood. My neighbors think Im nuts. Some of them avaid me like the pleage (Hope I spelled that right, you get my drift anyway.) The others come over and just wish they could be me. I cant start my bike in the garage without drawing attention to myself. Picture this. I did a burnout in the garage and forgot to close the door going inside the house. The wife comes and smacks me on the back of the helmet before I shoot out into the street. I got fussed at for a good 5 minutes before I started laughin. She started laughing too, but still fussin me. I sure wish that was on tape.
Yall be good.

Last edited by on Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum