Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gl 1200 asp

2 posters

Go down

Gl 1200 asp Empty Gl 1200 asp

Post  brownjug Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:51 pm

Well I have finely got my to th dark side Had to grind the rim down abit but seams to be ok. Put hundred pounds in the tire to check rum and let it set in the sun for a week. Now I have it on the Wing and it sure is a smooth ride, of coarse I do not have to worry to much as I have a Voyager Kit on the wing. I wanted to go the dark side for numbers of years as this Kit eats the rear tire. I am just now turning 100k on the bike and hope to do another 100 with it, hopefully that well mean I only have to change the rear tire four times as to opposed ten or eleven. Any comments on the grinding of the wheel.

brownjug

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Gl 1200 asp Empty GL 1200 ASP

Post  Larry Simpson Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:31 pm

If I had to grind a wheel ,that would have stopped me.I will modify to strengthen my machine but I refuse to do anything to lessen the integrity in any way.Good luck and welcome to the best sight on the webb.
Larry Simpson
Larry Simpson

Number of posts : 1007
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Gl 1200 asp Empty Re: Gl 1200 asp

Post  brownjug Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:07 pm

Not trying to get any one to do what I did just telling what I had to do to mount the 165/80/15 tire on my wing with Voyager Kit.
A Voyager Kit gives me two extra wheels on the rear of the bike. I have blow-en a tire on rear before and road a few miles home
with tire being flat. So I feel a little safer than if I was riding on two wheels, If just two wheels I would not have done it.
a gain I am not trying to get anyone else to to do this just telling what I did.

brownjug

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-07-21

Back to top Go down

Gl 1200 asp Empty Re: Gl 1200 asp

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum