Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to the Darkside in Green Bay

4 posters

Go down

New to the Darkside in Green Bay Empty New to the Darkside in Green Bay

Post  Darn Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:02 pm

I just want to say that I hope to cross over into the darkside with my next tire change. I have questions and I hope you all can help.

As I mentioned in the subject line, I'm in Green Bay (that's Wisconsin for you Non-football fans cheers ). I learned about the darkside from reading information on the Roadstar clinic website. I have a new 07 RS Silverado with the stock tires and spoke rims. I drive her as much as I can, but I've been leary about too much in the snow and rain. We have a lot of gravel and dirt roads around here as well, and I try to avoid them as much as possible. Crying or Very sad

I look forward to learning as much as I can about this and hopefully crossing over.

Darn
Darn
Darn

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-08-31

http://www.mycastlecare.com

Back to top Go down

New to the Darkside in Green Bay Empty Re: New to the Darkside in Green Bay

Post  lizard Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:01 pm

We ride about 7 miles on a dirt and gravel road when we visit Deadwood in South Dakoda to get to the house. The bike, a Venture, two up, handles much better with the car tire. The guys with the Harleys, who can't go to a car tire yet, are already working on ways to get a car tire mounted.

lizard

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:43 pm

I'll BE in green bay 10/18 for the football game....go pack go!

Staying in appleton.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

New to the Darkside in Green Bay Empty What about the front tire?

Post  Darn Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:08 pm

I know the CT is the way to go on the back, but what is the right tire to use for the front then? And WHY? I've heard a lot about the Perrelli Rear tire mounted on the front in reverse rotation, but I really don't understand why?
Darn
Darn

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-08-31

http://www.mycastlecare.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:26 pm

gold wingers do it. More treadwear I think. Tehy put it on backwards because they brake with the front tire. So, theoretically, the tire rotation would be like accelerating..or something like that. I've heard folks say it didn't matter which way you put it on.

DS-wingnut is the one to ask. He's got a rear tire up front.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  tbwrench Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:05 pm

There are actually 2 of us darksiders in appleton wi since june 09. We are both riding FJR's. They work out well here in wisconnie, they hold well in the rain and are very good on less than good traction. I have noticed I don't get blown around as much on hwy 41 with the CT. Welcome, you will enjoy the new tire and your wallet will be happier as well.

ps my wife and I rode to sturgis sd this august and left in a torrential rain that eventually turned into a thunderstorm. I never felt uncomfortable riding or at a loss for traction. I also had no problem going at least the posted speed. I didn't like the lightning however.

Have a great day.
TBW.
tbwrench
tbwrench

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-11-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down