Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Making Sure I Have The Correct Tire (New To The Forum)

4 posters

Go down

Making Sure I Have The Correct Tire (New To The Forum) Empty Making Sure I Have The Correct Tire (New To The Forum)

Post  T Spurlock Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:57 pm

Hi, I'm new here and I'm also new to going to the "DarkSide".
This is my FIRST post!

I went out and picked up a GoodYear Assurance Triple Tread P205/60R-16 91H M&S. I got the tire for $140.00 out the day (carry out), my plan is to get it mounting up in the next week or two.

I have a 2003 VTX -1800R
My questions are,,
Is there anything I need to know before starting this project?
Anything to look out for?
Or any tips to help me make this projet go as smoothly as possible.

Is the tire I got listed above the SAME! or the correct Goodyear tire that's being talked about here on the forum?
I would like to talk to someone on the phone about the project if you don't mind, you can email me or PM me and we can work out a phone number!
Thanks In Advance.
T Spurlock

T Spurlock

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Making Sure I Have The Correct Tire (New To The Forum) Empty Re: Making Sure I Have The Correct Tire (New To The Forum)

Post  Charlie D Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:01 pm

most are going with the 205/65/16 to keep the speedo in line, the 60 is just a bit shorter and you will rev a few more rpms at speed.

Charlie D

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2009-05-05

Back to top Go down

Making Sure I Have The Correct Tire (New To The Forum) Empty Re: Making Sure I Have The Correct Tire (New To The Forum)

Post  85V-TWIN Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:16 pm

just make sure to grease the heck out of the rim so that the tire will bead easier.oh and welcome to the DARKSIDE Twisted Evil
85V-TWIN
85V-TWIN

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2009-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:19 am

I would not use grease. Use vegetable oil instead. Grease doesn't go away and you can't use dynabeads if you have greas on the rim. Vege oil goes away after 500 miles or so. Others have had luck with pledge, silicon spray, and such.

you may find that you don't need to balance it for the first 500 miles, or you can use sticky weights and just hand balance it.

Clean the rim well when the tire is off. Steel wool till it's nice and smooth.

Take it easy the first few hundred miles to get used to the new tire.

Nice choice in tires.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum