Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Darkside Questions?

4 posters

Go down

Darkside Questions? Empty Darkside Questions?

Post  Harry Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:50 am

Ok I have two main questions if anyone would help me answer them it would be great.

1. I have a 07 1300R considering going to the darkside I however cannot do this myself I will have to have someone put the tire on for me is this something that a reputable shop will do, or will i have to go to some backyard type of shop?

2. More importantly what size will fit under the fender properly I really would not want to make major modifacations to the bike to do this.

Thank you in advance for any and all help you can send my way.

Harry

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-07-22

Back to top Go down

Darkside Questions? Empty Re: Darkside Questions?

Post  jedishon Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:35 am

I have the same bike. I run a 205/65/15 but a 205/70/15 will workjust as well. The only modification was to turn the exhaust bolts around. As for some one to do it. If you can take your wheel off and take it to a dealer that would be the best. Some shops are starting to do it, some tire shops with mag wheel capabilities could do it. Just have to ask until you get a yes. Best bet is to ask and see if any one in your area has found a place that will mount it for you.

Jerry

Last edited by jedishon on Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  horseman8m Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:36 pm

How far down in Florida are you?
I live just across the Georgia line at exit #5.
I have a motorcycle Jack and there is a good tire shop here in Lake Park that will do the change for you ($20.).
Just let me know if I can help.
Good luck,
Horse
horseman8m
horseman8m

Number of posts : 1449
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  kennyg Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:51 am

Harry wrote:Ok I have two main questions if anyone would help me answer them it would be great.

1. I have a 07 1300R considering going to the darkside I however cannot do this myself I will have to have someone put the tire on for me is this something that a reputable shop will do, or will i have to go to some backyard type of shop?

2. More importantly what size will fit under the fender properly I really would not want to make major modifacations to the bike to do this.

Thank you in advance for any and all help you can send my way.

I thought the way you think, I wanted to try the CT but wanted it to be close to the same as original MT, folks here on this board suggested a 165/80/15 I think used to be the norm (not sure), so I found one and finally found an independent tire shop that put it on for $12. He even said it fit on his machine, took about 40psi to seat. This required no modifications at all, jut put it on and ride. Rides great a 41-42 psi and enjoying it very much at this point. I may try the wide side later, but for now I am very happy with it!! Very Happy

kennyg

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down