Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'03 Meanstreak on the Darkside! Finally!

3 posters

Go down

'03 Meanstreak on the Darkside! Finally! Empty '03 Meanstreak on the Darkside! Finally!

Post  12volts Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:49 pm

Well, I got the wheel back yesterday and spent most of the night working on getting the wheel and tire back on the bike. It did require some minor modifications to the swing arm. I heated the drive shaft housing with propane and slowly worked at the area I needed the clearance in, with a hammer. It worked out good and didnt take to long. I never got the metal in that area hot enough to glow, just hot enough to bend a little easier. I also had to notch the right side of the swing arm. I used spray on bed liner along the whole inside edge of the swing arm after I hit it with some 80 grit paper and preped it. The most frustrating part of it all was the DAMN DYNABEADS! It took forever to get that 4oz. through the valve stem into the tire, but they do there job as far as I can tell. I have only riden about 15 miles so far. All seems well with everything. It is a little different feeling to it, but nothing unnerving or uncomfortable about it. That rear tire that I put on there sure GRIPS good! Thanks for all the advice. And thank you 2wheeladdict, though I didnt go about my mods in the same way as you. I almost forgot, I used a BF Goodrich 205/50/17 G-Force Sport.
'03 Meanstreak on the Darkside! Finally! SANY0304
'03 Meanstreak on the Darkside! Finally! SANY0309
'03 Meanstreak on the Darkside! Finally! SANY0293
'03 Meanstreak on the Darkside! Finally! SANY0294
'03 Meanstreak on the Darkside! Finally! SANY0298
'03 Meanstreak on the Darkside! Finally! SANY0312
'03 Meanstreak on the Darkside! Finally! SANY0314
12volts
12volts

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2009-06-10

Back to top Go down

'03 Meanstreak on the Darkside! Finally! Empty Re: '03 Meanstreak on the Darkside! Finally!

Post  twin1300 Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:14 pm

Looks awesome....Congrats!

..................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

'03 Meanstreak on the Darkside! Finally! Empty Re: '03 Meanstreak on the Darkside! Finally!

Post  2wheeladdict Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:53 pm

Looks great. I really like the tread pattern you chose. If your tire holds as well as mine does, you'll be able to grind the entire bike down through twisties. The meanstreak is allready a great handling bike with a mt on, it only gets better with a ct. After looking at your pics, I see that the 03 has a little bit different swingarm than the 06. I didn't have to mod the right side at all. I'm glad everything worked out for ya.

2wheeladdict

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-05-24

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down