Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

...and I did not burst into flames

+2
jconrad2
falcon241073
6 posters

Go down

...and I did not burst into flames Empty ...and I did not burst into flames

Post  falcon241073 Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:15 pm

I posted on that other site, lol. Here is the post and being that it is July 4th and not alot of people are on the web today I will enjoy not getting flamed until tomorrow. Here is the post:

I got my tire on yesterday. DARKSIDE!!!!

I put on a Goodyear Assurance Triple Tread 205-70/15. Looks awsome (pics coming later) Rides great but felt squirrly the first few miles. I put that to new car tire with the mold release still on it and not completly used to it yet. Got my first 100 miles on it and it rides like a dream. My buddies wife wanted a ride on it since he is thinking of doing the same thing. she said it rode way better than his bike for her. Granted we have different seats and I have progressive shocks on the back. All of this contributed I know.

all in all I love it. Carves corners even though I am not hitting them to hard till the recommended 300-500 break in. Tracks straight as an arrow on the big slab interstate and rides smooth, especially with the 3oz of Dyna beads in it.

I know alot of people hate this mod and will flame me but i still wanted to post. And yes "car tires are for cars", I am going to "go up in a ball of flames", and "Insurance will deny any claim I have because of the car tire". I think that covers the main arguments, lol.

Oh yea... Who do I get with to get my Darkside nickname from? I usually go by Falcon on boards and my bike is named Joker. Sometimes I am too, lol
falcon241073
falcon241073

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

...and I did not burst into flames Empty Re: ...and I did not burst into flames

Post  jconrad2 Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:45 pm

[quote="falcon241073"]I posted on that other site, lol. Here is the post and being that it is July 4th and not alot of people are on the web today I will enjoy not getting flamed until tomorrow. Here is the post:

I got my tire on yesterday. DARKSIDE!!!!

Hey Falcon, we have the same bike and tire. What pressure are you running at for now. I started at 36, felt a little squirely also. After putting in my Dynabeads I took it to 39psi and went on a 150 mile trip yesterday. No more squirley, just good riding cheers
jconrad2
jconrad2

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post  kermit Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:40 pm

Hey guys, I'm on vacation in Colorado and the darkside is doing wonderful. I've put 1400 miles on it since tuesday and It hugged the narrow mountain roads like it was meant to be there. I even took it up to the top of Mount Evans, which is at 14,240 feet, the highest paved road in N. America. Darkside rules. I showed her off real nice to the X-riders here too. Very Happy And........I have gone up in flames yet.
kermit
kermit

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:07 am

kermit wrote:Hey guys, I'm on vacation in Colorado and the darkside is doing wonderful. I've put 1400 miles on it since tuesday and It hugged the narrow mountain roads like it was meant to be there. I even took it up to the top of Mount Evans, which is at 14,240 feet, the highest paved road in N. America. Darkside rules. I showed her off real nice to the X-riders here too. Very Happy And........I have gone up in flames yet.

Kermit you know you wont go up in flames at 14,420 ft. There is no air up there to support flames......
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  kermit Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:24 am

How true that is. I met some nice darksiders there, not many, but those I met were really greatful for all of the advise they'd received on the boards. We ran with one dude from Ill who said he just didn't get it and couldn't wrap his head around it, but by the end of breakfast, he admitted that he just might have to give it a try. We are slowly making them see the light. I don't care if the stay or not, just as long as they try it before giving opinions to those who are interested.
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:37 pm

Kermit, after chasing you through the mountains of Arkansas I am quite sure you are definately leaving an impression on the nay sayers there in colorado. My question is ..... have you found anyone that can hang with you in the mountains?

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  kermit Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:51 pm

These folks in colorado can tear it up. Course, it is their playground.
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post  battoo Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:48 am

I too just returned from the Coloradical , sorry to say I did not make any rides with Kermit but my Darkside handeled it all well
battoo
battoo

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum