Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joined the Darkside!

3 posters

Go down

Joined the Darkside! Empty Joined the Darkside!

Post  Gray Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:47 am

Went darkside, Thursday night was the first ride and it felt different but still was good.Made it to town at 45 mph to get the feel of the ride.Got to the station and put the tire at 40 lbs pressure and hit the highway. It felt good and the confidence grew with each mile I rode.Rode that way to work for 3 days and tonight took a ride with my woman and the bike rode even better! Smooth is the word. Very impressive....It cost a whole $65.00 to do the swap .Didnt buy an expensive tire. It was a tire called primewell .215 65 15.My tire guy said he has sold them for 2 years and hadnt had one come back yet and I liked the tread design so I went for it..Changed it myself and it was very easily done. Broke the bead by using 2 x4,s as explained on a video on "You Tube".. It worked very easy. Pried it off using tire spoons and put the new one on the same way.lubed the tire and rim and it popped the bead at around 80 lbs pressure.Needless to say, I,m riding Darkside and very impressed with it..
Gray
Gray

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-07-01

Back to top Go down

Joined the Darkside! Empty Re: Joined the Darkside!

Post  twin1300 Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:03 am

Gray,

Congrats and we thought you might like it!......... Wink Kind of a "no brainer" after you try it huh?

Welcome to the wonderful world of the darkside.

...............bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  horseman8m Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:23 pm

Welcome to the Darkside cheers
horseman8m
horseman8m

Number of posts : 1449
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum