Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

why go to the Darkside

4 posters

Go down

why go to the Darkside Empty why go to the Darkside

Post  kb9ylu Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:17 am

What im reading is you guys are getting only 11k on your tire.Then you are getting wobble? Then you need dyna beads, Then you have to find someone to mount it. It takes a lot of air pressure to get it to seat,i have WANTED to go to the Darkside but the safety issue is another thing which i have posted. So why go to the Darkside? Also cant find ANYONE to mount this c/t on my rim.So give me input i want to go but the reasons im not i have listed. In Christ

kb9ylu

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

why go to the Darkside Empty Re: why go to the Darkside

Post  smokey2255 Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:33 am

kb
I haemine mounted at the local tire store. Costs like 7 bucks. Clean the rim up real good and lube it well and it should not take some of the pressures we have been hearing lately. The wobble most get is just tire pressure related or shock bushings that are in need of replacing anyway
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  horseman8m Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:51 am

The Darkside is not for everyone , there are some that can't get used to the tire and have gone back to motorcycle tires.
maybe this is not for you, but it's up to you to decide , we don't say that this will fix all your tire needs but we have our likes and you have yours.
The way I drive , the weather i drive in , the roads i drive on all feel better to me now that I have tested them with my car tire.
When I had the MT on and i drove in the rain I had to take it easy in the turns and I could feel the tire hydroplaning even at slow speeds.
I know most people pull over and wait for the rain to stop , I don't , I was stationed in England and Germany for 16 years (back and forth)and if you had to wait for the rain to stop you would never get out for a ride. A good day to ride is one that you are on your bike. The way i drive ,,, yes I do scrape the pegs. The roads i drive on , well i have no say as to the condition of roads , I pay my taxes and what the government does with the money i don't know ,
it's not on road repair that's for sure. I like to drive and get myself lost, or should I say go down roads that I have never gone down before.
I have seen deer , turkeys, wild hogs, eagles, snakes and even stopped to watch a black bear eating road kill.
Sorry for the rant I guess my point is that to me the motorcycle tire can be used by everyone but the Darkside is not .
horseman8m
horseman8m

Number of posts : 1449
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:46 pm

kb9ylu wrote:What im reading is you guys are getting only 11k on your tire.Then you are getting wobble? Then you need dyna beads, Then you have to find someone to mount it. It takes a lot of air pressure to get it to seat,i have WANTED to go to the Darkside but the safety issue is another thing which i have posted. So why go to the Darkside? Also cant find ANYONE to mount this c/t on my rim.So give me input i want to go but the reasons im not i have listed. In Christ

First of all I only get 6,000 to 7,000 miles out of a motorcycle tire at the expense of around $200 a piece and I am on 11,000 miles on my Douglas and still have half the tire left with only spending $56 including tax! Those guys who get around 11K are doing burn outs and every thing else. So, don't judge over on incident of a guy getting 11K miles. Plus I feel safer daily commuting on my Car tire...that's worth my piece of mind whether the car tire was just as expensive as the motorcycle tire. I would still buy the car tire.

Secondly, go to the VTXOA and guys with motorcycle tires get the wobbles all the time. It's NOT the tire but the bike! Granted we can change air pressure to lose the wobble, replace shock bushings, steering head bearings, and front wheel bearings, but so these are maintenance items anyway! They replace the same items to remove there wobble.

Thirdly, why wouldn't you want to run dyna beads any way???? It removes the ugly wheel weights and as ANY tire wears it always re-balances the tire perfect every time. Even motorcycle tire benefit from dyna beads.

Safety, what's more dangerous than you are already doing???? You are riding a motorcycle against cagers! Wow! Don't get no more scarier than that. But, just so you know....NOT one incident contributed to riding a car tire on a motorcycle, but ther are plenty of motorcycle wrecks with motorcycle tires that are documented! FYI

But make you own mind up! It's your world, do what you feel is comfortable! Remember, you ride the car tire at your own risk, just like us! If I wanted to do the safe thing, I would have sold my bike and bought a hummer.... Laughing Laughing Laughing

...............bobby

ps...I hope this answered your questions.

Last edited by twin1300 on Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  kb9ylu Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:38 pm

you guys are making some great points!!!

kb9ylu

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2009-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down