Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

using a tire machine.

4 posters

Go down

using a tire machine. Empty using a tire machine.

Post  nodak_ACE_T_rider Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:07 pm

I'm pretty sure that I am going to be switching to a car tire, but as many of you have found out, it may be tough to get someone to mount it for you. There's a place in Grand Forks called Bob's Cycle shack, and it's as chinsy as it sounds. He said he won't mount the tire but will let me use the tire machine, and I have to sign a release. My question is, are tire machines pretty easy to use? I would imagine it can't be that hard. Any tips from those out there who have done it? Thanks

nodak_ACE_T_rider

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-06-16

Back to top Go down

using a tire machine. Empty Re: using a tire machine.

Post  horseman8m Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:00 pm

find out what machine he has and go to you-tube and they have a video for just about everything.
good luck
Horse
horseman8m
horseman8m

Number of posts : 1449
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  footprintsinconc Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:09 am

damn! you got a good choice there. i am sure he will explain it to you if you ask. if it were my machine, i'd stand there to make sure no one screws it up, so i'd be there tipping the person every step of the way.
footprintsinconc
footprintsinconc

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2009-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Rambler Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:54 pm

i took my tire to my local shop and asked if they could do it set the tire by the desk and was talking to shop mgr. about it and when he was giving me crap .one of the techs. grabbed it and changed it before he knew it lol.the tech wants to see how it works out .4300 miles and im rocking .i stop by the shop so the tech can check it out about every 1k . to date i have saved the cost of 1.5 tires.
also i like the ride .but my lady didnt know what i had done we went for a ride and she was like WOW what did you do it rides soooo nice now ! that from a lady who called my beast the caddy .lol Cool
Rambler
Rambler

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum