Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pulled the trigger and got my tire

3 posters

Go down

Pulled the trigger and got my tire Empty Pulled the trigger and got my tire

Post  jconrad2 Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:57 pm

Well I went ahead and picked up my GTT 205/70/15 today. Wow what a price range at the different stores. Sears ended up being the least expensive around here at $116 out the door. Plan on mounting the tire myself next week when the tools I ordered show up. I plan on using Dynabeads for the first time 3oz Rear 2oz up front on my 1300C. Does that sound right on the Dynabeads? I spent alot of time over the last 8 months researching the DS and decided a couple weeks back that I would try it.

If you read my last posts I stated that since money is tight here, we were only buying things we need. My wifes Shadow needs a new rear tire, mine stock Dunflops still have a ton of tread left so we were going to do hers first pale

Went for a ride last weekend with a couple of local VTXers and while stoped for lunch I told them about going to the Darkside and that we were going to do her bike first because she needed a new tire. My one Buddy said, why not put the CT on my bike and take my stock Dunny and put on her bike since they are the same size tire. What a Face Wow I didn't even think about that. My wife was fumming at him. Apparently she had thought of it and didn't say anything to me. Evil or Very Mad

Sooo we got the tire for my bike and I'm telling her that its better this way, I can be the test rider. She still isn't happy, she wanted a wider looking tire. She wants her bike to look and sound good, I want her to have the tire for the performance and safety aspect. Besides this isn't her permanent bike, she will outgrow it in a year or so anyway. That makes sense right cheers

Thanks for all the information and advice that has been given. Hopefully the mounting of the tire will go well, but if not I will post my questions here.

Thanks

Jeff
jconrad2
jconrad2

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-06-14

Back to top Go down

Pulled the trigger and got my tire Empty Re: Pulled the trigger and got my tire

Post  Charlie D Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:55 pm

I just got my Hydroedge on last wednesday, took 105 to seat the beads it is a 205/70/15
I also love the ride even more today.

It took 2 of us to get it mounted then it took even more work to get the beads in place so it would start to air up, so with that enlist another set of hands to help you out.

Charlie D

Charlie D

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2009-05-05

Back to top Go down

Post  jconrad2 Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:22 pm

Setting the Bead is the only thing I have a concern with. My wife is always willing to grab a wrench with me so having a helper will not be a problem.

I got the HF tire changer and am modifing it this weekend. I hope to mount the tire Monday. Looks like storms here that day so good time to take the bike down and get things done. Hopefuly UPS shows up with my Dynabeads Monday also.
jconrad2
jconrad2

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:48 pm

J
I gave my HF tire mounting setup away. Way too much work Mad Mad when I can take the rim and tire to the car tire store and they mount it for 7 bucks. Surprised Surprised That's my kind of fighting it Laughing
When inflating it make sure you are using a remote type air chuck to pressure it up. There have been a few cases where a tech gets carried away and ended up hurt from exploding side walls. Use care.

Enjoy the ride

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content