Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bike "Man Laws"

+3
Badmoon
horseman8m
Steve-O
7 posters

Go down

Bike "Man Laws" Empty Bike "Man Laws"

Post  Steve-O Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:56 am

Anyone else but me have any "Man Laws" about their bike?

My only real man law is that nobody that can grow a beard rides bitch on my bike. That means boys over 12 and ugly women. I DO make exceptions, but these are rare.

I know others have "nobody rides my bike" laws. which makes sense if you customized your bike, take good care of it, saved up your whole life for it, or something like that....I don't have this law.

any others?
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Bike "Man Laws" Empty Re: Bike "Man Laws"

Post  horseman8m Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:56 pm

Rule #2,,,, any bird that craps on my bike is considered a target for firearms practice.
horseman8m
horseman8m

Number of posts : 1449
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:36 pm

Steve-O wrote:Anyone else but me have any "Man Laws" about their bike?

My only real man law is that nobody that can grow a beard rides bitch on my bike. That means boys over 12 and ugly women. I DO make exceptions, but these are rare.

I know others have "nobody rides my bike" laws. which makes sense if you customized your bike, take good care of it, saved up your whole life for it, or something like that....I don't have this law.

any others?

To me it two wheels and one sack.
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  gstanfield Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:04 pm

I used to have this rule, but had to make an exception last year once. I was visiting the veteran's home with my CMA group and this one older guy wheeled up and very sheepishly asked if he could have a ride on my bike. He was a pilot in Korea and after the war rode bikes for a while as it was as close as he could come to flying (injured in war so could no longer fly or something like that) I had a couple of guys help him on the back of my VTX and hauled butt at lightening speed throught he mountains around the home. We were gone for about 20 minutes of scraping pegs, blaring loud pipes and doing "strafing runs" on the canyon curves. When we got back he thanked me and told me it was the most fun he had experienced in over 20 years. It took all I had to hold back the tears that day.

BUT, with that exception no other male has ever ridden on my bike with me.

George
gstanfield
gstanfield
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  cerooth Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:34 pm

Generally, no one rides but me. They're either too scared to get on or don't like the idea of two wheels playing in traffic. I have had the misfortune to have one of my buddies break down and get stranded while out on a run. I made sure we hit every biker bar around after the tow truck got his ride and announced to everyone there he was my man Shocked Wink Twisted Evil Surprisingly he still rides with me from time to time, but he makes sure his bike is in top condition now, wonder why that is? Cool
cerooth
cerooth
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2007-12-15

https://www.facebook.com/#!/cerooth

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:39 pm

Nope no man rules here. My 13 year old son whom I am quite sure has dropped :bball: and can grow facial hair :afro: rides with me all the time. I cant say that I would set off on a day of riding with any other guy back there Evil or Very Mad Shocked but if I was out for a ride and a bud or another biker was stranded. I would be riding 2 up with another sack. affraid No People come before any unwritten or written code. cheers

And yes I let others ride my scoot. there is a certain minimum requirement to meet before I will turn you loose on mine but I have let several ride it. From day one.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  docbiggles Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:24 pm

No one but me rides my bike and the only "sack" that has been on the back was a mate stranded between towns. Other than that it's a 1-sack bike.

Cheers

Doc.
docbiggles
docbiggles

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-06-17

http://www.docbiggles.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down