Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The why I did not make the Blue and Gray ride, the brown sign tour.

+3
twin1300
nodakbassmaster
smokey2255
7 posters

Go down

The why I did not make the Blue and Gray ride, the brown sign tour. Empty The why I did not make the Blue and Gray ride, the brown sign tour.

Post  smokey2255 Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:14 am

Dude and I left out of here on Thursday headed to Knoxville Tn. to hook up with SmokinJoe. I had changed the seat that morning to my saddlemen explorer as I had not had it on a trip yet and wanted to check it out. We headed out and by the time we hit Indy we had already gone numb and starting to burn. Another 45 minutes on the road and we were in eastern indiana and the seat was getting rougher by the mile. I saw a brown sign talking about a state historical site so I headed to it. We had a nice ride around the park area and took a much needed butt break. I grabbed a map and laid out a new route .... okay, a general direction to head. After an hour or so with the all too familiar feeling returning I saw another brown sign. Off we went to see what it was about, another cool park with more history involved. This got to be a theme for the ride. We spent friday and saturday in southern ohio checking out the rides and the sites. we found some really great riding roads by getting off the beaten paths. If you ever get to southern OH i highly recommend riding hwy 350 and definately stop at the Ancients park. Its about earth moving indians that lived in the area 2000 years ago and built all kinds of earth structures. Worth the price of admission. After the park head past the park and ride 350 a couple miles it gets really interesting and fun. Another one i would ride again is 50 going to ash cave park. A natural rock out cropping that at one time housed indians as well. Southern OH has a lot of indian history documented and preserved check it out.
Ash cave

The why I did not make the Blue and Gray ride, the brown sign tour. DSCF2966
The why I did not make the Blue and Gray ride, the brown sign tour. DSCF2970

My baby boy riding the ole mans scoot in one of the parks
The why I did not make the Blue and Gray ride, the brown sign tour. DSCF2928
A self portrait from the top of a fire tower II wasnt about to climb it
The why I did not make the Blue and Gray ride, the brown sign tour. DSCF2934
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

The why I did not make the Blue and Gray ride, the brown sign tour. Empty Re: The why I did not make the Blue and Gray ride, the brown sign tour.

Post  nodakbassmaster Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:55 am

looks like a good time anyway! Cool
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

The why I did not make the Blue and Gray ride, the brown sign tour. Empty Re: The why I did not make the Blue and Gray ride, the brown sign tour.

Post  twin1300 Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:39 am

Great pics and write up! Sorry about the Saddlemen! You can't get much more comfortable than the seat I did myself with Tanglefoot!

...........................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689

Back to top Go down

Post  Dude Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:46 pm

just had to put tht pic of me on the fire tire huh pops lol!
Dude
Dude

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:27 pm

Dude wrote:just had to put tht pic of me on the fire tire huh pops lol!

Well yeah I did, that pic is just soooo you. And those here that have met you can vouche for that.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post  Toasted_311 Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:52 am

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing yep, that's Dude alright. lol!
Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1132

https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:55 am

Very cool Smokey. I had my Sadelman on the bike for about 2 weeks.
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  gstanfield Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:46 am

And now for a shameless plug..... I have a very comfortable mustang seat for sale Very Happy

George

P.S. looks like you guys had a lot of fun.
gstanfield
gstanfield
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum