Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This ones kinda long

3 posters

Go down

This ones kinda long Empty This ones kinda long

Post  13gator69 Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:32 pm

Sleep Hello again,just gone home today and read the threads,1st went to hazen and rode up there 2upit was nice being able to take a turn not having to slow down in but just keep moving along,straightaways were excellent no vibrations and my passenger was comfortable with the ride she had. 2nd While at Hazen I spoke with our paid lobbyist that we have with A.B.A.T.E.,???ss,like is there any laws that says you can't run a ct on ur bike? If you were involved in an accident where someone hit you would the ins., carrier still pay regardless whether it was a ct or mt? We also talked legislation and/or any bills about this subject. I found out that there is nothing in Pa that says you can't do it. Other than you will probably get better wear going with that type of tire,it will last longer,and if it works,try it if you don't like it you can always revert back to a mt. I explained the good points,cost comparrison btween a ct and a mt,handling,wearabilty which I think depends on the rider, cornering, hole shots, Where the rubber meets the road( Dry or Wet ). He really didn't c a problem with this as there has always been modifications done since he could remmember. He just couldn,t imagine how you'd fit such a tire on a bike like that, but if u can do it so b it.3rd, the mag article, it's really no different than the helmet law, once you start don't give up,no matter what is thrown ur way, c-ing is believing 2 some,remember , freedom of choice is what we have here, do I want to wear a helmet today or not is my choice as a responsible adult.If I want 2 run a ct,then it's my choice 2 do so. It's okay for the Boss Hoss bikes(no one says anything about them),.As for the liberties we enjoy every day and the freedom we all deserve always thank a VET!Regardless for what theyv'e done(Thank You all whoever u r that ur here today and of those who r not we think of u n our hearts) 4th, I'm runnin a Michelin HydroEdge 205/65R/16.I'm very satisfied with it. Thanks again,I'm beat,need some sleep,Keep the rubber side down,Gator c-yaaaa
13gator69
13gator69

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-05-23

Back to top Go down

This ones kinda long Empty Re: This ones kinda long

Post  RonK Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:07 am

--
I would think most states, and most laws, local or state or federal, may specify how much tread is legal, or a tread pattern that is qualified for snow, or even capable of carrying a certain load. But I would doubt they would name a brand or tire construction if it is legal to be on the road.

For example, some ATV tires are not legal highway tires. But where could be the objection to an auto tire on a bike? Those tires don't say "only cars" or "no bikes here" or anything. For that matter, if they were better, some people might want to put m.c. tires on a small car. I've never heard of that--but of course why would someone put an "inferior" tire on their car anyway?

RonK

RonK

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2009-02-12

Back to top Go down

Post  nodakbassmaster Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:23 am

just for the heck of it I might have to find a MC tire that will fit on my "hot rod"!

Hot Rod= 1989 Nissan Stanza... Laughing Laughing
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down