Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Insurrance question

+4
dond4605
13gator69
twin1300
ttexastim
8 posters

Go down

Insurrance question Empty Insurrance question

Post  ttexastim Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:18 am

Alright guys ... one of the mods on HSN is trying to stir the pot. He claims that he talked to a Progressive Insurrance Adjustor, and they told him that they are aware of darksiding and are denying all claims if a ct is installed on the bike, whether it is their fault or not.

So ... question for those of you who have been in accidents on the bikes with a CT. Did insurance refuse to pay up because of it? I want to hear real experiences, not HSN theories. Smile
ttexastim
ttexastim

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-12-27

Back to top Go down

Insurrance question Empty Re: Insurrance question

Post  twin1300 Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:21 am

Not true! Progressive paid twice on my car tire incidents/accidents. NO questions asked about the car tire!

..........................bobby

.Insurrance question Img049

Insurrance question Img134
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  13gator69 Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:10 am

ttexastim wrote:Alright guys ... one of the mods on HSN is trying to stir the pot. He claims that he talked to a Progressive Insurrance Adjustor, and they told him that they are aware of darksiding and are denying all claims if a ct is installed on the bike, whether it is their fault or not.

So ... question for those of you who have been in accidents on the bikes with a CT. Did insurance refuse to pay up because of it? I want to hear real experiences, not HSN theories. Smile
I've heard the term HSN? What is HSN? Gator
13gator69
13gator69

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  dond4605 Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:43 am

wb9uze wrote:
While cruising around on VTXOA there was a discussion on tires and someone recommended the dark side. The guy with the tire selection question mentioned he was with Progressive and his agent informed him progressive considers C/T's an unnecessary risk. He was told if if he was in an accident that the insurance would not pay if he had a c/t on. Any comments on this because I'm going darkside and I'm with Progressive. He said he was considerng changing insurance if he could find somone that will cover him with a C/t. I will too if that's the case.

This comment is correct as to what my personal agent told me. However, I have since emailed progressive and here are the questions I ask and the results: I appologize for any misleading information.

Question 1.) I have a question about my policy
Message: I want to replace the rear motorcycle tire with an automobile tire. Am I still covered if I am involved in an accident?Thank you for your time,

Answer 1.)If there are structural modifications to your motorcycle to fit the tire, your policy will receive a Special Hazard Surcharge. Your bike is still covered, but there will be an increase in your premium to allow for this time of change.

Question 2.)There are no structural modifications needed for me to use an automobile tire. What I need to do is remove the tire and replace it with the automobile tire. Will there be an increase in my premium?
Thank you very much for your assistance.

Answer 2.)In reviewing our guidelines this would not affect your coverage, you would still be fully covered with the coverages currently listed.

I printed out a copy of the e-mails and took them to my agent. The agent just shook her head an was dumbfounded.
She didn't understand why progressive would tell the agents one thing and then tell the customers something else.
Anyway, she took the e-mail papers and put them in my folder. Just in case there is any disagreement later.
dond4605
dond4605

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post  marine-mp Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:45 am

Gator,
Hondashadow.net. I didn't know either until I axed the very same ????? a few days ago!!!!! Semper-fi Mike

marine-mp

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Dapper Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:27 pm

This is probably the one reason keeping me from the DS. I would hate to have an accident cause some cager rear ends me and find that I wasn't covered because I have a different tire.
Dapper
Dapper

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post  simpleman77 Sat Jun 20, 2009 3:26 pm

Dapper wrote:This is probably the one reason keeping me from the DS. I would hate to have an accident cause some cager rear ends me and find that I wasn't covered because I have a different tire.

Thats not a concern that I have. I equate putting a car tire on a motorcycle to putting a mud tire on a 4 wheel drive pick up truck. If you have a concern with insurance, contact the company directly. As we have seen, agents don't always have accurate information. I will say that this is the best move that I have made with my VLX. I put on a Federal 165/80/15 the day after Memorial Day. I have about 1,000 miles on it now and am very happy with it.

Eric
simpleman77
simpleman77

Number of posts : 210
Registration date : 2009-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Dapper Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:05 pm

simpleman77 wrote:
Dapper wrote:This is probably the one reason keeping me from the DS. I would hate to have an accident cause some cager rear ends me and find that I wasn't covered because I have a different tire.

Thats not a concern that I have. I equate putting a car tire on a motorcycle to putting a mud tire on a 4 wheel drive pick up truck. If you have a concern with insurance, contact the company directly. As we have seen, agents don't always have accurate information. I will say that this is the best move that I have made with my VLX. I put on a Federal 165/80/15 the day after Memorial Day. I have about 1,000 miles on it now and am very happy with it.

Eric
You make a good point. I believe that this is one mod I will try sooner than later. Rode with a buddy today, his ride is an M109 with a 240 rear tire. I couldn't help but to think of the dark side as his MC tire has almost the same shape as a CT and when he cornered it would be on the smaller edge portion and on straight away the contact point was much more than a typical MC tire.
Dapper
Dapper

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post  nodakbassmaster Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:34 pm

no problem with my accident through Geico, Honda dealership pointed the tire out to the adjuster adn told him "we don't recommend those" when the adjuster told me, I laughed told him the miles I had on the tire, traction, ect and he just said "huh, ok." and cut me a check.... they'd spend more money trying to legally deny a claim then it would cost them to just pay it and move on... it would be on them to prove that the tire was the cause of the accident.
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  13gator69 Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:48 pm

As long as ur paid up there shouldn't be a problem,I don't know what it's like in your state(laws,etc..,)Gator
13gator69
13gator69

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum