Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dayton Ohio Shops

3 posters

Go down

Dayton Ohio Shops Empty Dayton Ohio Shops

Post  jconrad2 Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:15 pm

Hello again Darksiders, Looking for a little more info

Since I have decided to go to the Darkside, and will start with the wifes Shadow, once I find out the answers to the questions in my other post. Does anyone have any experience of a shop that will mount a car tire on a M/C rim in or around the Dayton Ohio area?

Again, Thanks for any information.

Jeff
jconrad2
jconrad2

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2009-06-14

Back to top Go down

Dayton Ohio Shops Empty Re: Dayton Ohio Shops

Post  Big Green Valley Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:17 pm

Don't know about Dayton, but if you want to take a ride into Columbus, I can recommend someone. Dayton Ohio Shops Thumbup
Big Green Valley
Big Green Valley

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-01-03

https://www.youtube.com/user/biggreenvalley?feature=mhum

Back to top Go down

Post  jconrad2 Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:30 pm

Big Green Valley wrote:Don't know about Dayton, but if you want to take a ride into Columbus, I can recommend someone. Dayton Ohio Shops Thumbup

Thanks Big Green,
If I can't find anyone local, Columbus would be doable, gives me another excuse to go to the Iron Pony cheers
jconrad2
jconrad2

Back to top Go down

Post  horseman8m Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:13 pm

jeff
i left a reply to your tube question. or are you going to have someone else do it?
if you want to diy then let me know , I did mine.
good luck
Horse Smile

Last edited by horseman8m on Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
horseman8m
horseman8m

Number of posts : 1449
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  jconrad2 Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:15 pm

horseman8m wrote:jeff
i left a reply to your tube question. or are you going to have someone else do it?
if you want to duy then let me know , I did mine.
good luck
Horse

Horse read your reply in the Shadow section. Thanks for the info. I do plan on eventually sealing her rims and when the time comes I would appreciate any and all help.

On a slightly different subjet, I see you are retired AF. Where were you stationed and enlisted or officer. I spent the bulk of my AF time at Hill AFB in Utah, working out in the Desert testing our munitions. A ton of fun, my mother hated though at the time LOL.

Jeff
jconrad2
jconrad2

Back to top Go down

Post  horseman8m Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:43 pm

jconrad2 wrote: I see you are retired AF. Where were you stationed and enlisted or officer. I spent the bulk of my AF time at Hill AFB in Utah, working out in the Desert testing our munitions. A ton of fun, my mother hated though at the time LOL.

Jeff
I am from upper Michigan (farmboy) and MR Goodwrench and went enlisted into Aircraft maintenance, and for Fighters and special weapons delivery systems platforms , my first base was Nellis NV, then RAF Alconbury uk, to Spangulam GR. to RAF Lakenheath UK, to Bitburg GR , to RAF Lakenheath UK , extended RAF Lakenheath UK ( gulf war ) then Moody AFB GA. , RET.
went and got my civilian certification from the FAA an Airframe and Power-plant / jet and turbofan engines.
and went and got a farm ( full circle ) but this time , I Don't Shovel SNOW .
Got a question, (working out in the Desert testing our munitions) this brings to mind Bugs Bunny taping a ww2 Bomb with a Hammer. Very Happy Laughing Smile affraid
Sounds like fun to me.
Horse scratch
horseman8m
horseman8m

Back to top Go down

Post  jconrad2 Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:57 pm

horseman8m wrote:
Got a question, (working out in the Desert testing our munitions) this brings to mind Bugs Bunny taping a ww2 Bomb with a Hammer. Very Happy Laughing Smile affraid
Sounds like fun to me.
Horse scratch

Some of the tests we did were kinda like that cheers

We did have fun, did you know that C4 burns really bright and fast. Ever see how fast a 3lb desert rat can run with ignited mortar propelant tied to his tail.

The only thing I didn't like about my station was the rattlesnakes. Hated those suckers and they were everywhere and in everything. Yuck!!!

My Squadron was in the Guiness Book for largest above ground non-nuclear explosion 500,000 lbs of flake TNT. Wow What a Bang affraid
jconrad2
jconrad2

Back to top Go down

Post  horseman8m Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:18 pm

jconrad2 wrote:
Some of the tests we did were kinda like that cheers

We did have fun, did you know that C4 burns really bright and fast. Ever see how fast a 3lb desert rat can run with ignited mortar propelant tied to his tail.

The only thing I didn't like about my station was the rattlesnakes. Hated those suckers and they were everywhere and in everything. Yuck!!!

My Squadron was in the Guiness Book for largest above ground non-nuclear explosion 500,000 lbs of flake TNT. Wow What a Bang affraid

This may sound stupid to you but did it make a mushroom cloud , ( 500,000 lbs ) is a big boom and the shock wave must have had an effect.
Horse
horseman8m
horseman8m

Back to top Go down

Post  jconrad2 Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:52 pm

horseman8m wrote:
This may sound stupid to you but did it make a mushroom cloud , ( 500,000 lbs ) is a big boom and the shock wave must have had an effect.
Horse

It looked just like a nuclear mushroom cloud, without the fire. Left a HUGE crater. We built 5 munition storage buildings in the middle of the desert, detonated the center one to simulate a nuke hit. Hard to tell if the test was a success or not, cant go into details. The detonated building was obviously vaporized. We had to stay clear of the area for 48hours to let things settle.

Left a realy big crater that was deceptive. The diameter of the crater was well over 200ft but it only appeared to be about 6ft deep. We were like WTF. So me and a buddy got close to the edge, he held my belt and I leaned out close to the edge and dropped a 10ft piece of rebar into the crater, It disappeared. affraid I guess the dirt/dust/sand was pulverized and formed a false skin with the moisture in the air. We never did find out how deep the crater actually was. We stayed well clear after dropping in the rebar
jconrad2
jconrad2

Back to top Go down

Post  horseman8m Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:17 pm

Please don't take this the wrong way, but you need to write a book or publish your memos or something .
That is so amazing .
If i could I would but you know how that is...........................................................................
Horse
horseman8m
horseman8m

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum