Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What size rear tire and mounting

4 posters

Go down

What size rear tire and mounting Empty What size rear tire and mounting

Post  Chuckswing Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:28 pm

Hello everyone from a Wanta Be Darksider. What brand and size ct are most people using on a GL1800? Local ct dealer and Honda shop said they won't mount a ct on a m/c rim. Independent m/c tire dealer told me the same thing today. I may find a tire but won't be able to get it mounted. Any suggestions?

Chuckswing

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

What size rear tire and mounting Empty Re: What size rear tire and mounting

Post  robw Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:03 am

I took mine to a regular tire shop and told them it was for a home made trailer I was building. Others have said it was for a side car.
My tire setup is in my signature. It works well for me.
You can get a lot of info on tires on the GL1800riders.com Darksider sig also. If you post the question there you might find someone close to you that does there own tires and could possibly mount it for you.
robw
robw

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:10 pm

My twin ride a Toyo T1R 195/55 on his wing! Loves it so much, he's on his second one!

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  marine-mp Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:54 pm

Chuckswing,
Some good info in above posts. Myself, I have the Kuhmo ExstaEST 195/55-16 Run-flat w/32 psi. Will NEVA,NEVA have a m/c tire on the Wingabago EVA again!!!! LOOK,LOOK,LOOK and then keep looking for a small tire shop that you will purchase the tire from, IF.......he will mount it for you on the wing rim. I don't believe we should have to lie, tell a little fib, etc. to have a tire mounted on a rim for us. Period. When Boss Hoss motorcycles are running a car tire on their bikes, why can't we do it on the wings. I talk to the tire shop owner and explain what I'm gonna do, and I kept asking around until I found one. I made a home-made balancer and the last c/t I mounted neded 1 gram of weight to get it perfect. Find a m/c tire that will do that. Anyways, all depends how bad you want it as to "if" you do it. Some guys have had good luck at Wal-Marts, of all places. Go-n-figure!!!!! Good luck Semper-fi MIke

marine-mp

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down