Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Patch design?

5 posters

Go down

Patch design? Empty Patch design?

Post  13gator69 Tue Jun 02, 2009 5:43 pm

Hey there,Gator here.., Is that a small patch or a big patch for on our vests or jackets. I want 2 do my part and support this site & you folks who have gone outta ur way 2 help me. Someday maybe our paths will cross. Hope a MO will do cause there's no plastic here. I did cast my vote ,not sure what the latin means,Be carefulthough I do not know what clubs r out there in ur territory.I know around here if they see rockers they have a fit,Oh well! I'll keep checking back 2 c what's up! meanwhile keep the rubberside down.
13gator69
13gator69

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-05-23

Back to top Go down

Patch design? Empty Re: Patch design?

Post  horseman8m Tue Jun 02, 2009 6:09 pm

I don't know what the rockers have to do with it.
That is an old Air Force patch that i replaced the insides with our stuff.
horseman8m
horseman8m

Number of posts : 1449
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Patch design? Empty Patch design?

Post  13gator69 Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:12 am

horseman8m wrote:I don't know what the rockers have to do with it.
That is an old Air Force patch that i replaced the insides with our stuff.
Sorry my fault, I didn't look close enuff, I don't see a problem w/ it. Gator
13gator69
13gator69

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2009-05-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:27 am

It is true. I recognized the design and that was one of the first things that came to mind. A small patch should not be an issue with the 1%ers. I have a vest with our local riding group with a big back patch and rockers. We have been ASKED a few times to take them off. Other than that we have had no problems other than the typical profiling from local LEO's We are not trouble makers and ride within the laws.

Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:32 am

Badmoon wrote:It is true. I recognized the design and that was one of the first things that came to mind. A small patch should not be an issue with the 1%ers. I have a vest with our local riding group with a big back patch and rockers. We have been ASKED a few times to take them off. Other than that we have had no problems other than the typical profiling from local LEO's We are not trouble makers and ride within the laws.

Moon

From what I've read if we dont have a "seperate" top & bottom rocker and we dont have a state listed (claiming territory) then 1%ers shouldn't have a problem with the patch, whether its a large patch on the back or the small one.

Just my .02

Enjoy the Madness,
Muntz King
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:45 am

Muntz wrote:
Badmoon wrote:It is true. I recognized the design and that was one of the first things that came to mind. A small patch should not be an issue with the 1%ers. I have a vest with our local riding group with a big back patch and rockers. We have been ASKED a few times to take them off. Other than that we have had no problems other than the typical profiling from local LEO's We are not trouble makers and ride within the laws.

Moon

From what I've read if we dont have a "seperate" top & bottom rocker and we dont have a state listed (claiming territory) then 1%ers shouldn't have a problem with the patch, whether its a large patch on the back or the small one.

Just my .02

Enjoy the Madness,
Muntz King

According the the etiquette of the patches you are right, but the views of those 1%ers that ask you to remove your Colors as they see it. It would be in your best interest to do so. Unless you have to balls to argue with them. There is one instance we were asked to remove them and after a discussion over a frosty cold beverage of there choice. We were allowed to put them back on. Things were now allowed to get out of hand and as long as you show respect you should not have a problem. You would be surprised at the amount of pride those guys have for their colors.
Badmoon
Badmoon

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:51 am

Badmoon wrote:
Muntz wrote:

Moon

Just my .02

Enjoy the Madness,
Muntz King

According the the etiquette of the patches you are right, but the views of those 1%ers that ask you to remove your Colors as they see it. It would be in your best interest to do so. Unless you have to balls to argue with them. There is one instance we were asked to remove them and after a discussion over a frosty cold beverage of there choice. We were allowed to put them back on. Things were now allowed to get out of hand and as long as you show respect you should not have a problem. You would be surprised at the amount of pride those guys have for their colors.

I have no problems taking off my jacket / vest if asked.

I dont have have any "colors"
'cept PURPLE & GOLD Wink
GEAUX TIGERS !!!!!!
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  horseman8m Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:01 pm

Muntz wrote:
Badmoon wrote:
Muntz wrote:

Moon

Just my .02

Enjoy the Madness,
Muntz King

I have no problems taking off my jacket / vest if asked.

I dont have have any "colors"
'cept PURPLE & GOLD Wink
GEAUX TIGERS !!!!!!

OK if and i am saying, IF , everyone wants #7 then it will be a 3"x4" patch, and if we get it , a back patch 10"-12" without rockers.
Will that keep everyone from getting harassed??? i don't know about this type of thing.
I never asked to take off my Air Force jacket and it had a lot of patches on it.

Smile I understand now what you mean and I think a bigger patch is too expensive for right now, maybe at a later date we might look into it. Smile
Horse
horseman8m
horseman8m

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:02 pm

There is a old saying,
"If you don't want no sh1t, Don't start no sh1t." That is usually when things get messy. I am the "dont want no sh1t" kinda guy. Just looking out for yall that are the other type of guys.

That being said. "You wanna piece of me?" Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Badmoon
Badmoon

Back to top Go down

Patch design? Empty RE PATCH DESIGN

Post  Larry Simpson Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:14 pm

I must have led a sheltered life,I don't wear any patches but would like to know.What is a rocker scratch scratch
Larry Simpson
Larry Simpson

Number of posts : 1007
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post  horseman8m Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:50 pm

if you look at patch #5 and look at patch #7 .
5 is round and 7 has rockers top and bottom.
I'm retired Air Force and out of nostalgia i put rockers on
the patch with a motto , like one of my old squadron patches.
Now i find out that you can step on toes if you do that in a large patch.
horseman8m
horseman8m

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum