Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maybe this already exists??

+4
twin1300
horseman8m
wayne
NeonLeon
8 posters

Go down

Maybe this already exists?? Empty Maybe this already exists??

Post  NeonLeon Sun May 03, 2009 4:24 pm

Hey guys ... haven't posted in a while but I still want to go Darkside. I'm still trying to find someone that will mount the tire. I've been turned down at 3 places. I was thinking that maybe we could post places in a sticky thread ... maybe by state ... that are willing to mount a ct. If it already exists could someone point me to it??? Rolling Eyes
NeonLeon
NeonLeon

Number of posts : 203
Registration date : 2008-02-27

Back to top Go down

Maybe this already exists?? Empty Re: Maybe this already exists??

Post  wayne Sun May 03, 2009 5:54 pm

You might tell them its for a drag bike.

Its just a little lie. Twisted Evil

wayne

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  horseman8m Mon May 04, 2009 4:05 am

if you remove the wheel yourself then you can take it to a small local car tire shop that does mag wheels and tell them it id for a side car, drag bike , making a horse drawn cart for your wife, building a reverse trike, it for your electric car and tell then you will pay cash without a receipt.
OR you can do it your self like a lot of us did.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XArpY_hSdk
horseman8m
horseman8m

Number of posts : 1449
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Mon May 04, 2009 7:22 am

horseman8m wrote:if you remove the wheel yourself then you can take it to a small local car tire shop that does mag wheels and tell them it id for a side car, drag bike , making a horse drawn cart for your wife, building a reverse trike, it for your electric car and tell then you will pay cash without a receipt.

+1........................ Very Happy

........................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Mon May 04, 2009 7:49 am

some of us have been having luck at Dealers lately. My dealer in Dallas will do it.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  marine-mp Mon May 04, 2009 11:12 am

NeonLeon,
I don't think we should have to tell a "small lie" to have a car tire mounted on a wheel. We a willing to pay for a service, but they are unwilling to do the work because of "whatever". I would inform that place of business that if they can't accomodate you in mounting a tire on a wheel, they can't help you any other way, either. Take your business elsewhere for everything else to. Now, to answer the question your asking, check about 10 posts down by "notahog" that is titled "need help in NW Pennsylvania". Some good advice there. Semper-fi Mike

marine-mp

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Mon May 04, 2009 12:01 pm

Len,
There is a list of who is running what tire and where they are from. Thought they might be someone close enough to you to ask who did theirs, but I cant find it. Should hve asked for it to be made a sticky I guess. I'll look a little more, but I hope some one will chime in for you.

O K found it. There are some people from Pa on the list, dont know if they are close or not. I found a 1 man shop to do mine...
http://darkside.nwff.info/database.php

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Maybe this already exists?? Empty Never had a problem

Post  Big IV Wed May 06, 2009 5:10 am

I always removed my own wheel (so that I can grease my own splines and replace appropriate o-rings) and take the wheel to a shop. I bypass bike shops and head for the place that I buy the car tire. I buy the tire and have it mounted at the same place. The mounting is about 5 bucks. The tire was 50 the first time and 70 the next time I bought it. The guy that mounts mine is a bike rider (HD). The first time he said he didn't think it would fit. I told him it would. He nodded approvingly when it did. He'd never done one before. Since he's done a few more Valks in the area.
Big IV
Big IV

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-05-05

http://www.valkyrieforum.com/bbs/index.php, www.trainboard.com,

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum