Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My darkside experiences thus far

4 posters

Go down

My darkside experiences thus far Empty My darkside experiences thus far

Post  arch01 Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:16 pm

I gotta say that I like it, and I cannot see why anyone who has tried it would knock it. I've got about 1300 miles on my GYTT and I cannot feel any difference between it and the original MC tire. Please let me know if what I have experienced is normal. As some of you know I built a hitch for my X that would fit over a 205 tire. Well, it barely fit, in fact after about 300 miles I took the whole thing apart again and removed some metal because a portion of the flat bar was contacting the tire when the shocks were severely compressed and it seemed to be rubbing a bit. Maybe I'll update my post on the hitch and show you what I mean. Anyway. As soon as the tire was mounted I noticed that you could definitely feel, in a turn, when the tire went up on the edge. The rear end seemed to kick out a bit in the opposite direction of the turn. This made me a little apprehensive about the tire and steep turns. That being the case, over the last 1000 miles I cannot even feel it anymore. In fact the only difference that I can feel between this tire and the MC tire is that the CT gets a better grip on the road. I put 250 miles on the tire this last weekend on a SCRC chapter ride and let me tell you we found some twisty roads in the hills of Tennessee. Now, I've only been riding for the past 2.5 years so my experience with MC tires in general is not huge so maybe some of you guys with more hours in the saddle in MC tires can tell me, can you still tell the difference between a MCT and a CT? I am now at the stage of trying to understand why MC tire mfgrs don't make high mileage tires, or why CT tire mfgrs don't try to break into the Cruiser tire market.

Thanks again to everyone here.

Last edited by arch01 on Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:26 am; edited 1 time in total

arch01

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-06-26

Back to top Go down

My darkside experiences thus far Empty Re: My darkside experiences thus far

Post  jedishon Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:29 pm

The simple answer is money
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppawolf Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:15 am

Arch, I have over 10k miles on my Ct and don't remember what the MT felt like. I have been riding about 27 years but wouldn't dare compare the tires on those bikes to this because they were different style bikes and not 700lb cruisers. I would be most people wouldn't know there was a car tire back there is they weren't told. Once you get the visual out of your mind of what you are running you will tear the tire up. Enjoy your ride and please do update your hitch post.

Db
Poppawolf
Poppawolf

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:28 am

Arch01,

I don't think I want to know what a motorcycle tire felt like any more. I think I would kill my self now if I had to ride a motorcycle tire with the vigor I ride my car tire because I know I would forget and that motorcycle tire would slip out from under me. This car tire has saved my butt so many times riding in all kind of weather, that the motorcycle tire couldn't do (the reason why I changed is because of all the slipping and sliding of the motorcycle tire).

Ask Smokey what happened when he tried the motorcycle tire after he had been riding the darkside for a while..... Laughing We kinda ride the same.

................................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down