Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need help in NW Pennsylvania

+2
ttexastim
notahog
6 posters

Go down

Need help in NW Pennsylvania Empty Need help in NW Pennsylvania

Post  notahog Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:13 pm

I have been wanting to go to the Darkside for quite some time now, but can't find anyone to put the tire on. I do not want to attempt this myself. Just wondering if anyone can point me to someone in my area, Erie PA, that would be willing to mount the tire for me. All I get from MC shops is no way you must be crazy and the same from tire shops. Any help would be helpful, my inspection is up and the dunny will not pass.
notahog
notahog

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Need help in NW Pennsylvania Empty Re: Need help in NW Pennsylvania

Post  ttexastim Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:18 pm

If you were in a bit further south we'd have you covered. I couldn't find anyone to do mine for me, so I just ended up doing it myself. Actually ... I seated it myself. I paid 10 bucks for a guy to remove the old MC tire, put on the new CT, and balance it when I brought it back. I just took them the tire (not the bike). So I just did the seating part of it myself.

One thing to consider ... call and tell someone you are building a go-kart, or a side-car and see if they will mount a tire for you. If they ask what tire, just tell them the dimensions. I've heard people say that if you say it's for a bike the professionals wince, but if you say it's for a project, they are more okay with it. If you go this route, you'll just have to remove the tire yourself from the bike, and put it back on when you get home.

Hope you get some help! We'll support you the best we can through here!
ttexastim
ttexastim

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:39 am

Take the tire off and tell them it's for a drag bike and you will pay them cash...no reciepts! You will be good to go! Bring it back home and put it on!

.........................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  marine-mp Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:51 am

notahog,
Another line of thot, try one of the truck stops in your area. They will probably have the equipment and not so likely to ask questions. Good luck. Be persistant, you'll find someone. Some small independant tire shops will do it to. I'm having my Kumho mounted 2-nite at an indep. tire shop w/all the latest equip. To bad its in the Smokies. Send it here and I'll have 'em mount it!!!!! Semper-fi

marine-mp

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  horseman8m Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:32 pm

ttexastim wrote:If you were in a bit further south we'd have you covered. I couldn't find anyone to do mine for me, so I just ended up doing it myself. Actually ... I seated it myself. I paid 10 bucks for a guy to remove the old MC tire, put on the new CT, and balance it when I brought it back. I just took them the tire (not the bike). So I just did the seating part of it myself.

One thing to consider ... call and tell someone you are building a go-kart, or a side-car and see if they will mount a tire for you. If they ask what tire, just tell them the dimensions. I've heard people say that if you say it's for a bike the professionals wince, but if you say it's for a project, they are more okay with it. If you go this route, you'll just have to remove the tire yourself from the bike, and put it back on when you get home.

Hope you get some help! We'll support you the best we can through here!

or you could tell them it's for a horse drawn wagon, i bet they will change it then.
horseman8m
horseman8m

Number of posts : 1449
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Need help in NW Pennsylvania Empty My Mechanic...

Post  Ghenghisron Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:41 pm

My mechanic is an absolute genius when it comes to motorcycles, and even he balked when I told him what I was doing. But like they said, I took it off myself, brought it to him and paid in cash. All was well with the world.

As a side note, he is now pretty impressed with the darkside. Started asking about it, that's when we found out that without alot of money: it just won't fit on his Harley! Don't think I don't poke him about that every time I see him!! Laughing

Ride safe all!! And keep that rubber side down and the chrome side up !!

[img]Need help in NW Pennsylvania 1240581623[/img][img]Need help in NW Pennsylvania 35mgwf8[/img]
Ghenghisron
Ghenghisron

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2009-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post  notahog Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:03 am

Thanks for all the help. I may have found someone that will do it, a friend of a friend. If not, I will be trying some of the angles you guys have provided. Thanks again.
notahog
notahog

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum