Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Back to Phat!

3 posters

Go down

Back to Phat! Empty Back to Phat!

Post  bigd_74 Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:40 am

Hey gang - been a while since I poked my head in here. Embarassed Guess I went on the MIA list again, huh? Laughing

Just wanted to let you all know that I took the 165R15 off after 28,000 miles of faithful service and put the 205 phattie back on. Twisted Evil I gave the 165 to a kid who needed a VW tire for his old squareback. Laughing It still had a good amount of tread on it, but I needed the wideside back on the scoot. I'll keep ya posted as to how the Falken ZE-512 is holding up.

Hope that everyone is well & that life is good on the darkside. Cool

Dave~
bigd_74
bigd_74

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2007-12-19

Back to top Go down

Back to Phat! Empty Re: Back to Phat!

Post  Sameym Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:58 pm

I got a Falken the first time and it got tore up by the tire guy, long story, but it did show me the cable in the bead is huge, thats probably why it takes a bit to seat. Ended up getting a Grabber, love the tread, rides good, but the first one blew up on the same tire guy, cable was real thin and only a few strands. It was replaced and I probably won't get another after 40,000 mi. Hmm!

_______________________- Sam ey m

Sameym

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:40 am

bigd_74 wrote:Hey gang - been a while since I poked my head in here. Embarassed Guess I went on the MIA list again, huh? Laughing

Just wanted to let you all know that I took the 165R15 off after 28,000 miles of faithful service and put the 205 phattie back on. Twisted Evil I gave the 165 to a kid who needed a VW tire for his old squareback. Laughing It still had a good amount of tread on it, but I needed the wideside back on the scoot. I'll keep ya posted as to how the Falken ZE-512 is holding up.

Hope that everyone is well & that life is good on the darkside. Cool

Dave~

Well Dave, Welcome back to the widside!...... Cool

I had a 70 squareback for about 10 years! We do miss you by the way you on here! Please keep us up to date on how it goes?

.................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  bigd_74 Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:56 pm

Will do, Bobby! Cool I actually have an 1800 rear rim and will be goint to a FootsMod darkside here real soon. I have a rotor too - now just need the 1800 caliper and I'm golden. Course I need to visit the 1800 tech forum here and decide which tire I want to go with. Twisted Evil

I confess that I did go and look at what a 200/60/16 Metz 880 was going to run me. After I picked myself up off the floor from sticker-shock, I regained my senses and realized I'm staying dark, baby! Twisted Evil

Dave~
bigd_74
bigd_74

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2007-12-19

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:34 am

bigd_74 wrote:Will do, Bobby! Cool

I confess that I did go and look at what a 200/60/16 Metz 880 was going to run me. After I picked myself up off the floor from sticker-shock, I regained my senses and realized I'm staying dark, baby! Twisted Evil

Dave~

BWewhahahahaha Dang, I just spit my sprite all over my keyboard! Warn me ahead of time when you are going to say something like that.................. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Darkside Rulz!

...........................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content