Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

new to forum

3 posters

Go down

new to forum Empty new to forum

Post  snuffcityrider Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:14 pm

new to forum 100_1361-1 I have 4500 miles on my Potenza 225/55/16. Not sure the D.S. is for me, but it's sure nice not watching the rear tire wear out.

snuffcityrider

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-04-13

Back to top Go down

new to forum Empty Re: new to forum

Post  twin1300 Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:56 am

snuffcityrider wrote:new to forum 100_1361-1 I have 4500 miles on my Potenza 225/55/16. Not sure the D.S. is for me, but it's sure nice not watching the rear tire wear out.

Snuffcity,

Thanks for your imput and sorry you don't think it's for you. Well it will mentally mess with your head riding the car tire! Some guys never get over it and thusly don't like it! I have ridden Valk's, (currently rinding my brother wing with a car tire) wings, 1300, and 1800's with car tires and never had an issue with riding one or had it do anything funny or out of the ordinary! I switched to the car tire, because I got tired of buying two to three tires a year! So I just made up my mind to try it and if it didn't do anything funny and others guys were doing it......I was going to try to stay with it! Well it did just what every one said and when I got caught in my first rain and I had to try to make it slide or slip! I knew this was the tire for me!

Just what don't you like about it????? Have you tried different air pressure? Do you countersteer or lean when turning?

............................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

new to forum Empty D.S.

Post  snuffcityrider Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:37 pm

I guess my biggest complaint is that when my wife is on the back she say's she feels like she is leaning while going in a striaght line. I've noticed it, but didn't think much of it. It (the leaning) seem to lesson as I went from 32 to 40 psi. I'm sure this is due to the crown in the roads. I think when turning I both lean and counter steer. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Like I say, I do like the fact that with 4500 miles on the tire it still looks basically new. Thanks for the welcome

snuffcityrider

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:07 pm

snuffcityrider wrote:I guess my biggest complaint is that when my wife is on the back she say's she feels like she is leaning while going in a striaght line. I've noticed it, but didn't think much of it. It (the leaning) seem to lesson as I went from 32 to 40 psi. I'm sure this is due to the crown in the roads. I think when turning I both lean and counter steer. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Like I say, I do like the fact that with 4500 miles on the tire it still looks basically new. Thanks for the welcome

My wife loves the darkside and said she just thought she needed a new seat until I put the car tire on and now she is very happy with the ride!

Most likely the crown in the road. I will have to look on the OA, there was a guy riding an N and bike always from the pics riding straight had a slight lean to it and he had a motorcycle tire!

When I ride twisties, I just countersteer and keep my head between the center, over the bars right in line with the headlight! Most of the guys I ride with do the same thing! What does the manufacture of you tire recommend? Start there and move 5 lbs at a time until you find you sweet spot!

Please let us know either way if it get fixed or not and maybe we will find something else to fix this! Have someone take a pic of you riding straight and let see if it a true lean?

.............................twin

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  snuffcityrider Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:42 pm

Thanks, I'll work on it this weekend if the weather is good.

snuffcityrider

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:23 am

snuffcityrider wrote:Thanks, I'll work on it this weekend if the weather is good.

Good, have a great ride and hope the weather is nice for you.......BUT if it aint the darkside will kick mother natures butt! Laughing It can handle just about anything mother nature can throw at it, but black ice!

...........................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  CADFather Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:18 am

Glad to see you over here Snuff, I've been here awhile but haven't posted in about 4 months, anyways welcome aboard, if you have any questions just ask away.
CADFather
CADFather

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-04-29

Back to top Go down

Post  snuffcityrider Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:15 pm

Thanks for the welcome. I didn't get to ride last weekend because it looked like rain all day Saturday, except I did take the wife's Spyder in for a service and it did just fine on all three car tires. LOL I have a trip planned for this weekend and hopefully will get the bugs worked out on my Darkside issues. I hope it works out, I'm really digging having 4000 plus miles on a tire that still looks like new.

snuffcityrider

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum