Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cleaning spokes

3 posters

Go down

Cleaning spokes Empty Cleaning spokes

Post  TX_DISABLED_VET Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:00 pm

I have a 2002 Honda 750 ACE with spoke rims. My question is, Does anyone know of a cleaning solution to clean the spokes. Mine are pretty tarnished, I can get he rims to shine good but cant get the spokes to polish up. Any help? Thanks Roger
TX_DISABLED_VET
TX_DISABLED_VET

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Cleaning spokes Empty Re: Cleaning spokes

Post  Francesco Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:45 pm

Hi,
I own a 2003 honda shadow 750 ACE and had the same "problem". I found that Lava soap and a stiff brush would do the trick, otherwise you can also use baking soda making a thick paste with some water and again a stiff brush and a toothbrush for detailing, I would not use anything acidic because it may ruin the chrome finish over time.

PS I did it once, but it is sooo time consuming to get to nice results , and I am back to square one in few months...I don't polish the spokes anymore, just make sure they are clean no salt or grime, and with the right tension.

Hope this help

Francesco

Francesco

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:59 pm

I had a 750 Spirit and road it every day for a 1 1/2 years and the spokes got where they were etched on the front sides of the spokes and wouldn't come clean. They were just ruined and polish, rubs, impregnated strips of spoke cloth's wouldn't touch it! Good luck!

The problem is the spokes on the Honda aren't chrome so, the just get etched and are impossible to clean.

.....................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down