Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Going to ride the "Three Sisters" on the 24th

4 posters

Go down

Going to ride the "Three Sisters" on the 24th Empty Going to ride the "Three Sisters" on the 24th

Post  onei Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:11 pm

Back in Nov. I started a new job. It's been very time consuming, both adjusting to office hours again (I was self employed for 8 years and did a lot of traveling) and just getting into the swing of a new job and all. Add to that, I had a little bit of travel that I still had commitments to in Nov., Jan., and March so that put a stop to some of my riding. I spent two weeks in the Ukraine in March, but that is another story all together and absolutely "NON-bike-related". Smile

Anyway ... I am finally getting to the point that I can go for a ride again. I do get to ride to and from work from time to time, depending on what all I have to 'cart' back and forth, but I have not had the time to just get out and RIDE! I am really getting excited about this. I have heard a lot about this ride and it is supposed to be one of the better rides in Texas. As well, I am planning a trip to the Ozarks in May and already getting excited about that one.

This will be the first road trip, coupled with some good twisties that I have had an opportunity to ride since mounting my CT last year. We are going to leave Austin via FM1431 (another good ride) and eventually land in Luckencach, TX for dinner (via 1431, 280, and 71). We will stay the night in Kerville then get up early the next morning and head for the Three Sisters. If you have not heard of the Sisters, it is three roads RR335, 336, 337 out in the Frio Valley area West of San Antonio and South of Kerville. It's nothing like the mountains of Colorado or Tenn. but it's all we have. Smile I hope to have some good pics when I return. We are hoping to have about 10 bikes going. Should be fun.

Going to ride the "Three Sisters" on the 24th 3smap
onei
onei

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2008-06-26

Back to top Go down

Going to ride the "Three Sisters" on the 24th Empty Re: Going to ride the "Three Sisters" on the 24th

Post  Steve-O Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:37 pm

Take pictures and send us a full report. This ride is on my bucket list.

You riding with anyone? Solo?
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Going to ride the "Three Sisters" on the 24th Empty Re: Going to ride the "Three Sisters" on the 24th

Post  ttexastim Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:20 pm

Sounds like an awesome ride!

I'll put it on my bucket list, and I hope that mine will line up with Steve and we can hit it together!
ttexastim
ttexastim

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post  061300c Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:15 am

i rode 337 about three weeks ago take a camcorder if you can it is awesome have yet to do the other two i might have to meet yall up there

061300c

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:11 am

My riding weekends are filling up fast. May and June look promising though.

I'll let you know when I go. I have the route planned and everything. Long ride down to Leakey. Stay at Garner state Park.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=dallas,+tx&daddr=hico,+tx+to:marble+falls,+tx+to:leakey,+tx&hl=en&geocode=&mra=ls&sll=31.005863,-98.4375&sspn=5.384995,6.70166&ie=UTF8&ll=31.250378,-98.272705&spn=5.371155,6.70166&z=7

Ride the 3 sisters the next day. Camp again. Head back by a different route on day 3. Long ride but fun. I want to plan a 9 day trip down there sometime. Several bike books have multiple recommended routes in the hill country.

Enchanted rock, pedernales falls, fredericksburg, kerrville, the list goes on and on.

onei lives in a great place to ride.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  onei Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:49 pm

Just getting back to this ... sorry ... been busy with Easter and all.

Steve-O
I am taking a group. We should have about 6-10 bikes in all. It should be fun. I just called tonight to secure the rooms in Kerville. So it's officially set. :-) BTW Steve-O - if you will remember, you are the one to told me about this ride when my brother and I rode up to you neck of the woods to try and mount my CT. I have been salivating over it ever since. Smile
onei
onei

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2008-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down