Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Biker's code.

5 posters

Go down

Biker's code. Empty Biker's code.

Post  Wolverine Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:19 pm

It was around 33 degree today and I decided that I'm going for a ride. I figured that I probably have enough gas to get to my destination before I can gas up for the return. So...I was wrong. Drove on the highway for 20 miles and it gave up on me. So, I limped to the shoulder. I switched to the reserve and couldn't get it to kick in. As soon as I look up, there was a van with a trailor already stop. Out came a guy and a kid. They asked...."out of gas?". As you know it, we pushed the bike up on the trailor and slowly drove to a gas station.

While we drove, they told me that they worked for a thrift store and uses the van to trailor furnitures. Very Happy . It happens that the trailor was the perfect size for a bike and has a ramp to push the bike too. Also, the trailor was empty. The driver rides older Kawasaki bike and the kid has parents that rides Harley and Valkyrie.

The driver and I know about the Biker's code....and I received the other end of the code today. Very Happy

Thanks guys.
Wolverine
Wolverine

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

Biker's code. Empty Re: Biker's code.

Post  Badmoon Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:28 pm

Glad things worked out for you. Occurances like this are happening fewer and fewer now a days.

Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:38 pm

Awesome....thanks for the post!...................... Very Happy

.....................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  ttexastim Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:54 am

I've always liked how bikers look out for each other. Glad you got it taken care of. Now you just have to learn to switch to reserve at that first pop so you don't have to do that again. I've never actually killed the bike when switching over, and I'm very glad, cuz our shadows will drain a battery before it will prime the system for you again.
ttexastim
ttexastim

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:14 am

Just a side note to this thread but.....If you don't keep your gas tank full at all times when parked you are just asking for a tank full of rust. The winter is worse but condensation will form inside the tank year around. It does'nt matter how burn-out I am after a ride I always stop and top off the tank before parking the bike in the garage.If you think this is B / S then just keep parking the bike with a empty tank and you will see the rust .
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:47 am

Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 wrote:Just a side note to this thread but.....If you don't keep your gas tank full at all times when parked you are just asking for a tank full of rust. The winter is worse but condensation will form inside the tank year around. It does'nt matter how burn-out I am after a ride I always stop and top off the tank before parking the bike in the garage.If you think this is B / S then just keep parking the bike with a empty tank and you will see the rust .

Totally agree there.
Side note. It is real inconvient to jump on the bike ready to go and have to stop right off the bat for fuel. I have to leave my vehicles sit for long lengths of time and I always am topped off when parked. Learned the hard way.

Peace.
Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down