Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Caution mounting 15in Grabber on spoke rim

4 posters

Go down

Caution mounting 15in Grabber on spoke rim Empty Caution mounting 15in Grabber on spoke rim

Post  rayjohn02 Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:38 am

Just a word of caution about getting the 205/70R15 Grabber UHP seated on the rim. I personally will not attempt to do this again. I thought that by using professional tire bead lubricant it would not be very difficult to seat the bead. This stuff is slicker than snot and probably works better than anything else. After numerous attempts over a 20 hour period it did finally seat but required 90 psi and a lot of patience. I feel lucky not to have exploded the tire and been injured as some others have.
Anyone trying this needs to be aware of the danger involved. I am glad I have it done now, but will not try it again.
rayjohn02
rayjohn02

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-03-07

Back to top Go down

Caution mounting 15in Grabber on spoke rim Empty Re: Caution mounting 15in Grabber on spoke rim

Post  cerooth Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:21 am

It sometimes takes a little more psi then that to get the bead to set, that's why it's helpfull to be away from the tire when doing so. I know some have riged it up so they can moniter the tire and shut off the air as soon as it sets without touching the tire.
cerooth
cerooth
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2007-12-15

https://www.facebook.com/#!/cerooth

Back to top Go down

Caution mounting 15in Grabber on spoke rim Empty Re: Caution mounting 15in Grabber on spoke rim

Post  jedishon Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:54 am

Every one here mounts the tires at their own risk. Mounting tires, wether car or bike is always dangerous and should be approached cautiously.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  ttexastim Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:02 pm

I mounted my Kuhmo at 110 without a clamp on air chuck and wheel bearing grease. When the first ping happened, I'm sure it looked like I'd been shot from a distance. I jumped for my LIFE!!! My friend dove behind his truck. Then we sat there laughing at each other and the second side popped.

Seating these tires is ALWAYS at your own risk! I'd recommend being smarter then me though. I don't know that I'll do it the same way again. Smile
ttexastim
ttexastim

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum