Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The worst that could did.

+4
kermit
dino
dirtwarrior
stayung
8 posters

Go down

The worst that could did. Empty The worst that could did.

Post  stayung Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:48 pm

Took the X to the shop. Dropped it off with tire. The guy looked at tire and said Yeah this should go on fine. He then said he should be able to get this one himself. The wife and I left. The guy said call him in about an hour so I did. Another man answered the phone. I asked if my bike was ready he said no the tire installer had a tire to pop and broke his arm. He was closing the shop early so he could get to the hospital to see the tire installer. I got there to pick up my bike and found out that it was my tire that popped and broke the guy's arm. The rim was still dirty and the rim of tire was dry. I asked if the guy prepped the tire and rim and this guy said yeah. I know that he wouldn't really know cause he was not there when it happened. Trying to give them an easy out, I called the place I got the tire from but they said that the installer was liable for replacement, they just cover the road hazard. I need some input. They also said that I will have to find somewhere else to get the tire on rim. My bike is still there on the stand but I have the wheel and blown tire. I have 2 other places that can put it on but this incident will have to be my little secret. I will be going with the Falken when I get my refund or however this goes. WHERE DO I GO FROM HERE. Check out the pics.

The worst that could did. SNC00085
The worst that could did. SNC00086
stayung
stayung

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-03-14

Back to top Go down

The worst that could did. Empty Re: The worst that could did.

Post  dirtwarrior Sat Mar 21, 2009 7:54 am

Sorry to hear about the tire installer. Good luck
dirtwarrior
dirtwarrior

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Back to top Go down

Post  dino Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:03 am

lol, that's bad man, I have grabber uhp and didn't have any problem installing it on my bike. This shop here locally in Greensboro did that for me and was not bad, was rater quickly install.
You can also bring your rim and tire if you want to triad power sport in Greensboro and they will do that for you, if you go to side entrance to the shop.
Here is their web add: http://www.triadpowersports.com/ and they are right of I40.
If you need me, I can also meet you over there.

Sincerely,

Dino
dino
dino

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-01-05

http://www.boncphoto.com

Back to top Go down

Post  kermit Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:46 am

I don't know if it made a difference, but I bought that same tire at discount a few months back, and after Steve talked to Bobby and was told that if the sidewalls were too soft, it would have trouble seating, I felt the sidewalls, thought they felt kind of soft and took it back and got the goodyear triple tread. As I said, I don't even know if the soft sidewalls made a difference, but that's why I backed away from it.
kermit
kermit

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:01 am

I would go with Kermit on this one and go with the triple tread. People have had trouble with the Faulken. jmpo

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  wayne Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:40 am

That bead dot look right where it broke. They are tough.
I would like to know how much air was in it and how it happened,
The tire guys that I have talke to, say that a tire can withstand 3 time the tire pressure on the side of the tire. I dont know and sont recomend it.
But the bead where it broke is the toughest part, I had to cut a tire off the bead, and it was not easy.
I wonder if it had a tear of just a flaw in that part. Who knows, we probley will never.
But I can tell you one thing, it wasnt because it was a mc rim that it broke.

wayne

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  stayung Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:09 pm

Well I'm back on a MT. It was a great try but maybe next time. I'll lurk around here some and may post every now and then.
stayung
stayung

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:35 pm

stayung wrote:Well I'm back on a MT. It was a great try but maybe next time. I'll lurk around here some and may post every now and then.

Feel free to lurk around. Post up and we will try to help anyway we can.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sameym Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:21 am

I tried the Falken on a spoke rim, 150 lbs and it still didn't go. The guy that took it off the rim tore the bead up and there's alot of cable in it so it probably wouldn't split like that. Any way I went back to the C rim, got a Grabber and it split up the side just like yours did. The mech. said he only had 45 lbs in it and it poped off the rim. Treadepot replaced so I highly reccomend them and Tire Rack who also took a return no questions asked. There's not much cable in the bead of the Grabber but the second one went on fine and I really like the ride. The difference between the narrower Kumho and this one, I don't get that wiggle when accelerating and shifting on a curve. The sidewill on the Falken is alot heavier but I think the flix of the Grabber puts more tread on the ground in a turn, just my opinion.

Sameym

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-02-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum