Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bikes

+20
VTXRon
Badmoon
Muntz
DS-Wing-Nut
B rock (RB rock)
smokey2255
OpusX
wolfpack72
bellsgapvtxer
BoneDog
Kingbee
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
cerooth
Toasted_311
T3REBEL
laserman70
colonel
nodakbassmaster
twin1300
motorcyclereb
24 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Bikes - Page 3 Empty Here's mine

Post  Mikesvtx Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:32 am

Bikes - Page 3 3063Tahlimena_Run_11-11-2007_096_2_
Mikesvtx
Mikesvtx

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Bikes - Page 3 Empty Re: Bikes

Post  twin1300 Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:28 pm

Hey Mike,

Sweet looking pic with the your ride and your significant other.....hehehehe I like the background, where was the pic taken????? What trailer do you pull and how does it do with a car tire? (I assume you would have nothing, but good to say. But we are a riding site and would love to have you tell us what and how it does) Our readers and Me.......would like to know.

............bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  EastTnMike Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:41 am

Bikes - Page 3 2292FalkenRightRearsmaller
Bikes - Page 3 2292TenaBossHoss001
I am definately a Darksider...I run a 225/60/15 Falken Ziex 512 on my Boss Hoss, and LOVE it!
Nice to meet all of you fellow Darksiders!
Mike
EastTnMike
EastTnMike

Number of posts : 10
Location : East Tennessee, 45 minutes from the "Dragon", 25 minutes from Tellico and the atart of the Cherohala
Registration date : 2007-12-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Toasted_311 Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:09 am

Welcome Mike! Very Happy
Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1132

https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:22 am

Welcome aboard Mike.....Glad to see you join in on the fun......

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:34 pm

Mike and Mike
Welcome to the Madness.

Our first Boss Hoss on the site......we must be moving up in the world. Yeeee Haaaa. Twisted Evil
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  EastTnMike Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:01 pm

Thanks for the welcome guys! I am in the east Tn. area, and if any of you are headed to the "Dragon" or Cherohala Skyway..let me know! I am about 30-45 minutes from both areas, and would be glad to help anyone with any plans, rides, or accomodations in this area. Also, we are headed to Key West in April for our yearly ride, if anyone is going to be in that area, maybe we can meet for a cold one or two. Yes, I am a Boss Hoss enthusiast and rider(definately not one of those guys that trailer it). I have owned 2 of these, the first one I put 34,000 miles on, and on this one I now have 42,000 miles on her. I love to ride..all kinds of bikes...as long as you are on 2 wheels...that's all that matters! Very Happy Again, nice to meet all of you!
Mike
EastTnMike
EastTnMike

Location : East Tennessee, 45 minutes from the "Dragon", 25 minutes from Tellico and the atart of the Cherohala

Back to top Go down

Post  Mikesvtx Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:45 pm

twin1300 wrote:Hey Mike,

Sweet looking pic with the your ride and your significant other.....hehehehe I like the background, where was the pic taken????? What trailer do you pull and how does it do with a car tire? (I assume you would have nothing, but good to say. But we are a riding site and would love to have you tell us what and how it does) Our readers and Me.......would like to know.

............bobby

The picture was taken in SE oklahoma on the Talimena Drive 52 miles of twisties and that kind of scenrie (sp). http://www.queenwilhelmina.com/
I'm not sure what brand trailer I'm pulling because it has no tags or ID numbers it. In this picture I didn't have a trailer on, I had the cooler rack I built in place. The car tire is even better with the trailer on, It seems that the CT works better with the more weight you add. I've GPS my MPH with 2 up and the trailer and it was 106.99 I had just shifted from 4th to fifth gear when this took place. I have run it faster but never recorded it with the GPS.Bikes - Page 3 Showphoto

Last edited by Mikesvtx on Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:14 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Trying to add pictures)
Mikesvtx
Mikesvtx

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:42 am

EastTnMike wrote:Bikes - Page 3 2292FalkenRightRearsmaller
Bikes - Page 3 2292TenaBossHoss001
I am definately a Darksider...I run a 225/60/15 Falken Ziex 512 on my Boss Hoss, and LOVE it!
Nice to meet all of you fellow Darksiders!
Mike

Hey EastTnMike,

Boy....I love your ride....well of course it does COME with a darkside and a big nasty V8. Cool You guys on the boss hoss have been our answer for riding car tires. If it didn't work, how come all the boss hoss's are sold with a car tire. Very Happy Most of the time they just change the subject because they don't want data, but just to hassle you and be a troll.
Man, you could have left out the part about being in "EAST" TN, huh? You know just how to rub it in that you live in the best riding country in the world.

Thanks for being a part of our group.

.............bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  EastTnMike Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:48 am

Thanks Bobby! Yes, I am in the eastern area of Tn., and it is a beautiful area of the country to ride and live. (But I guess I am somewhat biased, since I am a born and bred Tn. hollbilly redneck... Laughing ) The first Boss I owned came factory with a car tire, but since the late 90's, they come from the factory with an Avon 235/60/15 motorcycle tire. After the factory Avon, I bought another and grooved it myself to gain more rain grooves. This is a definate improvement on the factory tread on the Avon. But I was still having problems with the wear pattern on the Avon tires, even the front tire was not wearing right. I am anal about my tire pressures, and check them every day I ride, but the front and rear continued to "cup", and wear irregularly, as well as balancing issues. I have went with the Metzeler Marathon 880 on the front, and the Falken 225/60/15 car tire on the rear, and I have a better ride, great longetivity, MUCH better traction, (and it makes a beautiful scream on burnouts) Twisted Evil The Boss seems to handle better on the Dragon than it did with the Avon, and everyone I have talked into trying one on the rear have never gone back to a bike tire. Plus...it is MUCH easier for me to buy a $62.00 better tire, than a $220.00 Avon with a very low life expectancy. We will be headed to Key West on the bikes on April 19th for our yearly "cabin fever" tour from Tennessee. Anyone that wants to is more than welcome to ride with us!
Mike
EastTnMike
EastTnMike

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:01 am

Mike you and SmokingJoe live in a great part of the country. Enjoy a couple curves for me the next time your out and about.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:28 am

EastTnMike wrote:Thanks Bobby! Yes, I am in the eastern area of Tn., and it is a beautiful area of the country to ride and live. (But I guess I am somewhat biased, since I am a born and bred Tn. hollbilly redneck... Laughing ) The first Boss I owned came factory with a car tire, but since the late 90's, they come from the factory with an Avon 235/60/15 motorcycle tire. After the factory Avon, I bought another and grooved it myself to gain more rain grooves. This is a definate improvement on the factory tread on the Avon. But I was still having problems with the wear pattern on the Avon tires, even the front tire was not wearing right. I am anal about my tire pressures, and check them every day I ride, but the front and rear continued to "cup", and wear irregularly, as well as balancing issues. I have went with the Metzeler Marathon 880 on the front, and the Falken 225/60/15 car tire on the rear, and I have a better ride, great longetivity, MUCH better traction, (and it makes a beautiful scream on burnouts) Twisted Evil The Boss seems to handle better on the Dragon than it did with the Avon, and everyone I have talked into trying one on the rear have never gone back to a bike tire. Plus...it is MUCH easier for me to buy a $62.00 better tire, than a $220.00 Avon with a very low life expectancy. We will be headed to Key West on the bikes on April 19th for our yearly "cabin fever" tour from Tennessee. Anyone that wants to is more than welcome to ride with us!
Mike

Thanks for the info Mike!

I appreciate the data.........and sorry about the the "cabin fever run"....some of us are going north April 17-21 toward Mena for a Darkside Rally! Go figure huh? You guys come our way and we go your way!

I saw some of the rolling screaming burnouts on boss hosses on youtube........ Shocked Shocked Shocked They are awesome!

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Bikes - Page 3 Empty Can't stop me now.

Post  dsspunkler Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:23 pm

Now that I figured it out w/ some help from everyone I can't stop posting pics!! These are of my two favorite rides. Cool

[img]Bikes - Page 3 Darksideblurple004[/img]

[img]Bikes - Page 3 Darksideblurple070-1[/img]
dsspunkler
dsspunkler

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3