Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Rubber!!

3 posters

Go down

New Rubber!! Empty New Rubber!!

Post  DS-Wing-Nut Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:49 pm

I installed a new Pirelli Eufori@ 195/55/16 RF today!!

Replaced my Kumho RF: I got 17,225 miles out of the Kumho. I forgot to take pics of the old Kumho... I was down to the wear bars and a little more. I ran Dynabeads in this tire and I was very impressed. I am very good about checking my pressures and in the 17,225 miles I removed air once and added air once. Wear was EVEN across the tire and I really wish I'd gotten a picture of it before it was removed and left at the dealer. The wear I thought was very impressive. Nice and even all the way across the tire.

Also, I used a Bi-Metal hole saw to drill a hole in the center of the tire while it was still on the bike and on the lift with the valve stem removed. then I placed an empty litter box under it to catch the dynabeads, shook it real good and then removed it. Shook it some more and then when I was done I poured the recovered beads into the small pan for my small ounces only scale. 3 ounces went in and 3 ounces came out. I reused them in the new Pirelli Eufori@.

Took the new tire for scrub on the road for about 20 miles and did some parking lot slow speed work. No surprises. Then I came home and scrubbed the tire real good on the sidewalls to remove any remaining silicone spray, oils, and mold release. Hence the wet tire in the pictures.

I'll be taking it for a 300 mile test ride tomorrow... Should be fun..

Some good twisties and fun roads...

Here are some pics of the new tire:

New Rubber!! Pirelli_001

New Rubber!! Pirelli_002

New Rubber!! Pirelli_003
DS-Wing-Nut
DS-Wing-Nut

Number of posts : 328
Registration date : 2008-02-02

Back to top Go down

New Rubber!! Empty Re: New Rubber!!

Post  Guest Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:22 pm

Looks good

Back to top Go down

Post  ttexastim Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:47 pm

Looks great!

I'm jealous of the miles you put on your bikes! I gotta join your club! Smile
ttexastim
ttexastim

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:02 am

Good looking Tire Dave! Thanks for the tip on dynabeads conservation. See you in Ennis soon.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: