Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VTXRetro has sucessfully mounted my Grabber.

2 posters

Go down

VTXRetro has sucessfully mounted my Grabber. Empty VTXRetro has sucessfully mounted my Grabber.

Post  AKACully Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:10 pm

Kevin, "VTXRetro" on VTXOA, can now claim to being successful mounting the Grabber on a 1300 spoke rim with tube. It wasn't an easy mount and could not have been done without his well equipped shop. Pressure was in the 100 PSI range coupled with sound beating with a dead blow hammer when it finally beaded. I must say that I was a nervous son of a gun (nice version) during the whole process. For a short while, we thought his tire machine had died until I discovered his power strip had taken a dump.

I will be happy to give a ride report when she is back on the road. I still need to pull off the old balance weights, pick up my Dynabeads and get them in. I not putting the back on until I put them in as it seems it may be alot easier with the 90 degree valve stem. I'm also waiting for my brake pads to arrive.

Bill "AKACully" Very Happy
AKACully
AKACully

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-03-01

Back to top Go down

VTXRetro has sucessfully mounted my Grabber. Empty Re: VTXRetro has sucessfully mounted my Grabber.

Post  Badmoon Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:02 pm

Sweet, your gonna love it. Put some easy miles on it at first then let her have it.

Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

VTXRetro has sucessfully mounted my Grabber. Empty Re: VTXRetro has sucessfully mounted my Grabber.

Post  AKACully Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:10 am

You bet. Very Happy

Bill "AKACully"
AKACully
AKACully

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2009-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum