Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front Tire.

3 posters

Go down

Front Tire. Empty Front Tire.

Post  Wolverine Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:58 am

I was looking to replace my front tire and saw it on ebay for 62 buck. I also read a warning that "not to use this non-radial front with a radial rear tire" due to handling issue. Then, i remember someone in here talking about their front tire wearing out faster then normal with CT. I am wondering if this may be a factor in it?

Anyway, what is a good long life front tire?
Wolverine
Wolverine

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

Front Tire. Empty Re: Front Tire.

Post  Goose Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:37 am

PhoenixFire wrote:I was looking to replace my front tire and saw it on ebay for 62 buck. I also read a warning that "not to use this non-radial front with a radial rear tire" due to handling issue. Then, i remember someone in here talking about their front tire wearing out faster then normal with CT. I am wondering if this may be a factor in it?

Anyway, what is a good long life front tire?
confused Depends on what kind of bike you have and most importantly how aggressively you ride it! By experience on all the cruisers I've had typically I got with MT's on front and rear the use of 2 rear to every 1 front. Never tried running a Bias-Ply&radial together on MT's. I am currently running a Bias-Ply front MT with a Radial CT on the rear, with the air PSI set correctly on my rear CT I can't tell I've got a CT on it,(feels the same as MT did). Don't know about it wearing out the front any sooner but plan on trying a Radial MT on front next! I've got about 15k-20k on most every front MT I've tried but they've all been Bias-Ply though? Good Luck with your choice! [GOOSE]
Goose
Goose

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2008-11-17

http://kawanow.proboards77.com/index.cgi

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:10 am

I don't think it matters at all. Get a good tire and make sure the mfg date is within range. You will want to change a tire that is 6 years old regardless of tread wear. Tires on ebay can be old. i bought a 4 year old perelli knowing that I'd change it in a couple years. HTH.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: