Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

trike

2 posters

Go down

trike Empty trike

Post  vtxdavis Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:12 am

A friend was asking me about a ct on the front of his trike just was wondering of anyone has tried this and of yes what do you think about it.
vtxdavis
vtxdavis

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-11-15

Back to top Go down

trike Empty Re: trike

Post  harveysmedlap Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:13 pm

vtxdavis wrote:A friend was asking me about a ct on the front of his trike just was wondering of anyone has tried this and of yes what do you think about it.

If your talking about a gl1800 trike I haven't heard of any car tires that would fit on it's rim. Would probably have to go with a Leading Link type of suspension that is used on some sidecar rigs. BIG BUCKS. I run a sidecar and have had good luck using a 140/70/18 Bridgestone Battlax bias rr. tire on the front. It's taller and wider than the stock tire. Only problem is stones sticking in the tread coming up thru the fender. Sounds like it's going to cut it in half, but it hasn't. Run it in forward or reverse rotation. More rubber on the ground, and I got 22k mile out of the last one. My sidecar puts alot of side pull on the tire, so a trike MAY get better milage. jmho
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Prepare ship for Ludicrous speed-------------Dark Helmit

Harveysmedlap
Riding the triple darkside
harveysmedlap
harveysmedlap

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down