Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally Starting the Darkside.

4 posters

Go down

Finally Starting the Darkside. Empty Finally Starting the Darkside.

Post  Wolverine Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:15 am

I've been browsing this site for awhile now. I have a 94 Honda VT1100C with custom phoenixfire paint. I called her "Flame". I went and got the Barnum 205/65/15 yesterday, and also went to Sears to buy a motorcyle jack for 99 dollar. This is the first time changing tire for me, but I got the old one off after pinching my thumb with a plyer... Crying or Very sad . I will either wait for the tire iron fork to come in the mail or see if I can find a shop to put in the CT. Here are some pix of my work in 2 hour.

https://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e60/Muaviper/?action=view&current=DSC_0199.jpg
https://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e60/Muaviper/?action=view&current=DSC_0203.jpg
https://s37.photobucket.com/albums/e60/Muaviper/?action=view&current=DSC_0197.jpg

I may be the first Asian dude to go darkside.Finally Starting the Darkside. DSC_0199
Finally Starting the Darkside. DSC_0203
Finally Starting the Darkside. DSC_0197-1
Wolverine
Wolverine

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

Finally Starting the Darkside. Empty Re: Finally Starting the Darkside.

Post  heb4an12 Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:03 am

welcome Phoenixfire,I am new to the site also and road with my new ct yesterday.Great ride.The tire shop where I bought my tire mounted mine for me and never asked what it was going on.I know some are telling them it for a drag bike or bike project.One guy said say its for a pony cart lol.
Seems like you will have better luck at ct dealer with mag wheel machine if mags are what you have instead of bike shop.At least that is what I found around here. Good luck Smile

heb4an12

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2008-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:22 am

Nice Bike and congrats on the move to the Darkside.
You did not mention if you had your Dyna Beads. This is almost a must for the darkside. It was a twenty dollar mistake I made. I had the wheel balanced at the stealership. I thought everything was cool as the wheel took only 1/4 oz. Well after 150 miles or so. I started with a high speed wobble (80+mph). With a small screwdriver pop off the weight and 3 oz (recomended) of Dyna beads. I have not experienced any wobble so far.

The nice thing about this site is that there is a very large amount of knowledge here and listen to those that know.

Again welcome and remeber that you will go up in a ball of flames.
See ya on the darkside.

Peace
Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolverine Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:50 pm

Thanks guys. I didn't ask the place where I bought it to see if they can mount it. I bought it before I took the MT off. I'll try contacting hitching post to see if they will do it. If not, I can always go to the local mechanics. Doing on my own is the last resort. I know that I can do it, with all of those youtube info on how to change a motorcycle tire. I'm only waiting for the tire iron bar to come in the mail.

Moon, I know. I've been looking at the dyna beads and looks like I'll be ordering the 3 oz.

You guys are great...esp...when I see that you guys pray for each other. So, let him protect each and everyone of us from riding.
Wolverine
Wolverine

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolverine Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:05 am

Boy, breaking the beads is a task in itself. I tried the running over the tire with a car and that didn't even do it. Of course, I let the air out of the tire. The trick that finally did it was using alot of windex and a metal bed-frame with a stand post. I wedge the frame against something heavy and put the post on the tire bead and just press down the heck out of it. It wasn't easy...took me an hour of trying. Whew!!!

Now, I just wait for the tire bar to come through the mail.
Wolverine
Wolverine

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:31 pm

Phonenixfire,

I fixed the pics for you...I hope you don't mind. Nice flame job and congrats on your Darkside. Let us know how it turns out?

.............................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolverine Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:11 pm

Thanks Twin1300.

LOL....If I were to meet Badmoon somewhere, I'll be itimidated by his looks alone...lol. But, turns out he is a great guy.
Wolverine
Wolverine

Back to top Go down

Post  Wolverine Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:42 pm

Boi,

I got my tire iron early in the mail. It was a feat just to take that thing off with two iron, and to put in the new tire is another story. After almost an hour, I was able to force that thing in....lol. Whew!!! Now, I'll just wait for the dynabeads before I try to pump that thing up.
Wolverine
Wolverine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum