Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HEY MOON

2 posters

Go down

HEY MOON Empty HEY MOON

Post  gstanfield Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:23 pm

Just thought I would ask and see how the oilfield is doing down your way. Up here in the Rockies we are struggling bad. My company was the last one in town to cut back, we lost all our overtime (that hurt bad) So far every company I know of has laid off folks, cut back hours and last I checked there wereless than 20 rigs still drilling in WY, the rest were all stacked (usually about 10X that many or more) I'm thinking you work oil field (offshore anyway) so far the following companies have had BIG layoffs_

Capstar
Elenburg exploration
patterson drilling
Unit
Greywolf
Baker Hughes
Neighbors drilling
DHS drilling
Ensign
Haliburton
Range drilling
Vetco grey
Shaffer
True drillling
MartaCo
National Oil well

and several others, and these are just in our little town of 60,000 people and the surrounding areas. We're trying to see some light and not get freaked out but my boss is really starting to stress big time. Most of the drilling in WY is for natural gas, but some for crude.

So my friend, how are things looking in the gulf??

Thanks,
GEorge
gstanfield
gstanfield
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

HEY MOON Empty Re: HEY MOON

Post  Badmoon Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:02 am

I will put it this way.
Houma La is the 2nd fastest growing community in the US as of last week. We have not felt the recession as yall have, we have not been effected at all. Most companies are making profits now. A lot of them are actually hiring. This is the time of the year when most companies are slow and are just waiting for the next job. This is not the case this year. I have 35 days offshore already. BP has kept me running. I do have the options to turn down work but I dont like to as I dont get paid unless I am offshore. I am contract. The majority of hiring that is going on now is Electrician or electrical technicians, welders, Maintenance workers, riggers, crane operators, engineers of all types, Transportation (drivers) and Diving Supervisors and Divers. Oh and Safety officers.

I hope you are secure in your job but if you need a reference or help with decisions or help. I am just a tickity-tick from the keyboard away. Please understand that most employers dont want to pay transportation out of state. That would require a move to Gods country. Where the mud bugs are plenty or soon to be.

Blessings to all yall.
Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum