Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CAR TIRE ??

4 posters

Go down

CAR TIRE ?? Empty CAR TIRE ??

Post  BOLO Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:37 am

Is this correct>> 205/60/16 ?? Also to those of you that have ran or are running the car tire. What have you found to be the best brand for traction and side bite??? I am going to to the change just would like to do it right the first time if possable.
Thanks Ed
BOLO
BOLO

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Back to top Go down

CAR TIRE ?? Empty Re: CAR TIRE ??

Post  jedishon Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:42 am

Here is a list of what people are running. I have a 1300 R which uses a 15" tire so I can't give you a real good answer. But I'm sure some 1800 guys will chip in.....Welcome aboard
https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com/vtx-1800-tech-f10/darkside-tire-for-1800-sby-duc-t590.htm

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  marine-mp Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:42 pm

Bolo,
yes, that is a correct tire size. 205/60-16. Several GL1800 drivers are using that size tire. I use a 195/55-16 Continental Pro-Contact Run-Flat on mine. I like it an it is giving me good milage so far (approx 14,000 miles) and will prolly get 2 or 3 thou. more. Its excellent in the rain and I have no problems with it. I will prolly go to a Kuhmo next, jus to try somethin different. Hope that helps. Semper-fi

marine-mp

Number of posts : 119
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  wishbone Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:53 am

Hey guys,
Here is a DS tire database listing, has about 200 DS tires mounted on various makes of motorcycles, a great place to start if you have no idea of c/t size. Also has a tire calculator which is helpful and you can even upload your data for others to benefit from your experience.

http://darkside.nwff.info/
wishbone
wishbone

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum