Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SmokinJoe ... off the wall question

5 posters

Go down

SmokinJoe ... off the wall question Empty SmokinJoe ... off the wall question

Post  smokey2255 Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:50 pm

Joe, do you know Rick aka yellow wolf from the dragon?

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

SmokinJoe ... off the wall question Empty Re: SmokinJoe ... off the wall question

Post  Smoken'JOE Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:26 am

Sorry, I missed this somehow.
Nope don't know him, just of him. Quite a rider.
Smoken'JOE
Smoken'JOE

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2008-10-30

Back to top Go down

SmokinJoe ... off the wall question Empty Re: SmokinJoe ... off the wall question

Post  Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:32 pm

I've met him several times at Deals Gap at one time he had a little business out front . He would follow you through The Dragon and tape your pass then sell it to you. Cool thing about him was he had a viewer and if you did'nt like it you did'nt have to buy it. He also did a Iron Butt on The Dragon I forget how many passes he made to get the 1000 miles in. Lucky 13 and I followed him a couple times he's a hellofa rider I never seen him touch the yellow and we was haulin' ass.I saw on the VRCC board awhile back someone claimed he had sold the yellow 1800 Wing..Looks like the " Smokinjoe " handle has gotten popular ...Ten zillion handles out there and he picks mine Sad

SmokinJoe ... off the wall question KILLBOY20CD2001920Small
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1642
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoken'JOE Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:15 am

Would love to meet and ride with him. One of these days the Dragon will be mine. Laughing
Smoken'JOE
Smoken'JOE

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:19 am

Smokin'joeVRCCDS#0005 wrote:I've met him several times at Deals Gap at one time he had a little business out front . He would follow you through The Dragon and tape your pass then sell it to you. Cool thing about him was he had a viewer and if you did'nt like it you did'nt have to buy it. He also did a Iron Butt on The Dragon I forget how many passes he made to get the 1000 miles in. Lucky 13 and I followed him a couple times he's a hellofa rider I never seen him touch the yellow and we was haulin' ass.I saw on the VRCC board awhile back someone claimed he had sold the yellow 1800 Wing..Looks like the " Smokinjoe " handle has gotten popular ...Ten zillion handles out there and he picks mine Sad

SmokinJoe ... off the wall question KILLBOY20CD2001920Small

Joe
Yellowwolf did indeed sell the wing and has all but given up riding for now. He had a buddy that used to slay the dragon with him on a wing, the guy got killed by a cage running a stopsign at 30 mph. Wolf just quit. ..... sometimes when the confidence is gone that is the best thing.
The other smokin Joe carries that handle on the VTXOA forum too. I guess from now on I will designate you as Smokin Joe May The dragon slayer Laughing Laughing

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post  Smoken'JOE Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:20 am

WOW, didn't hear that about him. Sad, very sad.
Smoken'JOE
Smoken'JOE

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnACman Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:44 am

You can find Rick aka yellowwolf, over on the GW1800riders.com. He is on this forum all the time. He sold the wing and video equipment and took a job driving a truck cross country. He currently lives in Florida where he is trying to sell his house and move up to be closer to the gap. He is considered a POT STURER or on the other board, but most of us that understand him let him do his thing. I have to hand it to him on his skills with the Goldwing. Handling a 900lbs bike the way he does is remarkable.

JohnACman

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:04 pm

His friend got killed at about 35 mph when some pulled out in front of him, I heard! Hate to hear any of it, but those guys really lived when it came to riding bikes and enjoying them.

..................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum