Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Are we Kidding!?!

+11
KYVTX1300
gstanfield
Otis56
BIGT FROM F.B.
twin1300
jedishon
Toasted_311
Larry Simpson
lham
CWCobra
nine11c2
15 posters

Go down

Are we Kidding!?! Empty Are we Kidding!?!

Post  nine11c2 Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:43 pm

My bro just pointed me towards this site. I'll skip all the are you guys crazy, nuts, cause if you're doing this therer is clearly something wrong. I just gotta ask -

WHY??

Steve

nine11c2

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-11-13

Back to top Go down

Are we Kidding!?! Empty Re: Are we Kidding!?!

Post  CWCobra Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:54 pm

Why you ask?
Well, for me, it's several reasons: more size options available, better mileage life (40,000 miles vs. 10,000miles); better price ($50 vs. $150); better grip - especially in rain; easier/safer to plug in event of a puncture (this is somewhat subjective).

And then there's that other question: "Why not?"

CW

CWCobra

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-08-01

Back to top Go down

Are we Kidding!?! Empty Crazy

Post  lham Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:55 pm

If you gotta ask, you'll never understand
lham
lham

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-06-22

Back to top Go down

Are we Kidding!?! Empty RE ARE WE KIDDING

Post  Larry Simpson Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:41 pm

I for one feel 10 times more secure with the added traction of a car tire in all conditions I have ridden in (cold,hot,pouring rain)I hit a blind curve up on tahlamina last summer running about 85 (crazy I know but was one of these oh no you can't things) with the mc tire still on, scraped everything on left under carriage,broke traction and thought I was headed for the trees don't have a clue how it stayed on the road.Screwed up again this summer down around red oak ,again scraped under carriage hard .car tire held rock solid,totaly different feel.Also these heavy cruisers ride at leaste 1/3 better with car tire.RIDE SAFE Larry S.
Larry Simpson
Larry Simpson

Number of posts : 1007
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Toasted_311 Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:43 pm

lham wrote:If you gotta ask, you'll never understand

Bingo...and with that closed mind you certainly won't

And yes, I changed you location. Read the agreement you signed when you joined. This is a family site and we will not tolerate language that younger readers shouldn't see. Evil or Very Mad
Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1132
Registration date : 2007-12-14

https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  nine11c2 Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:41 am

Guys, motorcycle tires are designed to make you lean. I've ridden bikes with big tires - they don't lean beacause like a car tire, they are square and then all of a sudden SHOULDER. You cannot convince me a car tire handles better. You guys are saving $100 and risking your lives. They make motorcycle tires the way they are cause they work better.

You're a bunch of cheach b's trying to convince others this is okay..

nine11c2

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:03 am

nine11c2 wrote:Guys, motorcycle tires are designed to make you lean. I've ridden bikes with big tires - they don't lean beacause like a car tire, they are square and then all of a sudden SHOULDER. You cannot convince me a car tire handles better. You guys are saving $100 and risking your lives. They make motorcycle tires the way they are cause they work better.

I do not try to convince anyone. If I had to talk you into trying it I would have to talk you into everything else associated with riding. You have never tried it, we have. I would never try it on a sport bike unless I wanted to race wrongway (naked sport bike rider with a car tire trying to set the land speed record, has hit 195 without crashing and burning). I can not lean my bike over far enough to get on the sidewall. If I could I would not have it on. I set my bike down on the exhaust pipes and looked at the tire. It was still not on the side wall. I appreciate your concern for my safety, but its not needed for this. If you are still concerned you could help me pay my bike off so my widow wont be left with an extra bill.

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:15 am

nine11c2 wrote:Guys, motorcycle tires are designed to make you lean. I've ridden bikes with big tires - they don't lean beacause like a car tire, they are square and then all of a sudden SHOULDER. You cannot convince me a car tire handles better. You guys are saving $100 and risking your lives. They make motorcycle tires the way they are cause they work better.

You obviously are too smart for us! We have been riding motorcycles for years with car tires...daily riding most of us guys and girls! So, since you know better and there are 1000's of people who tried it and feel the same way we do! You should go somewhere else and try to save some of them. Heck, if you were concerned about our safety, you would plead for us to sell our bikes and buy an SUV! We already choose to travel America's highways on the most dangerous and unsafe vehicle every invented against cars and trucks and you are worried about if we ride car tires...... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I common sense was water, you couldn't fall out of a boat and get wet! (Remember, you started this!)

AND...just for the record...WE DIDN'T DO IT BECAUSE IT WAS CHEAP! WE DID IT BECAUSE IT'S BETTER THAN ANY MOTORCYCLE TIRE MADE! SECONDLY, WE DON'T TRY TO CONVINCE PEOPLE! THEY ASK OUR ADVICE, WE DON'T GO LOOKING FOR THEM!

......................bobby

Last edited by twin1300 on Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:51 pm; edited 3 times in total
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689

Back to top Go down

Are we Kidding!?! Empty RE ARE WE KIDDING

Post  Larry Simpson Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:52 am

SORRY,I MISTOOK YOU FOR SOMEONE THAT ACTUALY HAD AN INTEREST. RIDE SAFE Larry S.
Larry Simpson
Larry Simpson

Number of posts : 1007
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post  BIGT FROM F.B. Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:27 am

Bobby's got it right on this one in my opinion. I researched this topic for months before I committed to it. I've been riding for 20 years and this is my first time on the Darkside. I'm not a huge mileage rider per year, but I can't still justify paying double for a MC and getting 1/4 of the milage.

I have never heard of someone being involved in an accident because of a CT. There are many videos on Youtube if you want to go see how the sidewall never leans over on the pavement. My neighbor rode behind me and my pegs hit the road and the tire was at least 1" away from the sidewall. The only difference is the huge advantage in stopping, starting off, and cornering. That being said, it does have a different feel that you have to get used to. It's nothing that will make you freak-out and panic, it's just different. I guess we all could argue endlessly about this just like religion, abortion, or any other topic. It's just a matter of preference and opinion. 🤡
BIGT FROM F.B.
BIGT FROM F.B.

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-08-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Otis56 Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:37 am

I'm on a light cruiser, vlx 600, what they said before me goes,, I've got just over 1000k miles on my c/t, I don't believe anyone could convience me to go back. remember the toyota comercial? oh oh what a feeling.

mark f
Otis56
Otis56

Number of posts : 346
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Back to top Go down

Post  gstanfield Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:56 pm

Yawn.... I think it's time to ho to another site and start another oil thread.

George
gstanfield
gstanfield
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  KYVTX1300 Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:05 pm

Anyone trying to lean a bike should try riding a cruser or ever try a C/T. It is just the wrong way of thinking. You steer a bike, not lean it. Same thing goes for a 10 speed or a Boss Hoss. A little training goes a long way to understanding how to be in control. That big tire or C/T in the back doesn't change a thing if you are doing it right in the first place.
KYVTX1300
KYVTX1300

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2007-12-16

http://www.wccauto.com/gallery/Motorcycle/index.html

Back to top Go down

Post  gstanfield Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:38 pm

Silly silly guy, why would you try and use rational logical truth when dealing with trolls Wink You are of course correct, but when someone begins by stating they are right, the other person is wrong and already has their mind made up there is no need to waste time and energy talking to someone whose only intent is to stir up trouble.

George
gstanfield
gstanfield
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 583

Back to top Go down

Post  nodakbassmaster Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:53 am

Question

Last edited by nodakbassmaster on Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:55 am; edited 1 time in total
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604

Back to top Go down

Post  nodakbassmaster Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:54 am

nine11c2 wrote:My bro just pointed me towards this site. I'll skip all the are you guys crazy, nuts, cause if you're doing this therer is clearly something wrong. I just gotta ask -

WHY??

Steve

Simple.

Why not, since it works better?
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  nodakbassmaster Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:00 am

nine11c2 wrote:My bro just pointed me towards this site. I'll skip all the are you guys crazy, nuts, cause if you're doing this therer is clearly something wrong. I just gotta ask -

WHY??

Steve

The previous said...

Troll be gone before you are expelled.

I think we have spent at least 10 minutes collectively responding to this question. Enough said considering where troll(a) posted.

Doubt there is any other input required.

Open minds are free to read and ask questions. This is an obvious settup.

To quote someone who came way before me and I can't offer the appropriate reference "Don't feed the trolls"
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Toasted_311 Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:08 pm

Troll be gone. Twisted Evil
Toasted_311
Toasted_311
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1132

https://mcdarksiders.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TennX Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:15 pm

You either get it(the darkside) or you don't. No

Last edited by TennX on Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
TennX
TennX

Number of posts : 143

Back to top Go down

Post  slikdj Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:46 pm

Why do we even bother to answer trolls? confused I don't know either!!

Are we Kidding!?! Big%20Blue
slikdj
slikdj

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:23 pm

slikdj wrote:Why do we even bother to answer trolls? confused I don't know either!!

Because occasionally someone that comes across as a troll is just a little rough around the edges and may have legitimate questions along the way. Or not ...... okay cause sometimes it is just fun to feed em.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451

Back to top Go down

Post  jedishon Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:37 pm

slikdj wrote:Why do we even bother to answer trolls? confused I don't know either!!

Some times they hear something that makes sense years later....or not
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum