Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Election is over, let's talk about CT's

4 posters

Go down

Election is over, let's talk about CT's Empty Election is over, let's talk about CT's

Post  dino Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:53 pm

Just to say that election is over and we can continue to talk about CT's, Very Happy
dino
dino

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-01-05

http://www.boncphoto.com

Back to top Go down

Election is over, let's talk about CT's Empty Re: Election is over, let's talk about CT's

Post  nodakbassmaster Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:56 pm

mine has over 11K on it now... still looks good. The front, same mileage, not so good... bald on the left side!
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Election is over, let's talk about CT's Empty Re: Election is over, let's talk about CT's

Post  jedishon Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:37 am

nodakbassmaster wrote:mine has over 11K on it now... still looks good. The front, same mileage, not so good... bald on the left side!

My steering bearings were put in at an angle and I think they made my front tire cup after 5,000 miles. Would not surprise me if the bearings would make a tire wear on one side.....

I have 14,000 on my douglas and it still looks good. Don't know if it will ever ware out...

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  wayne Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:57 pm

Im not sure about the left side, but, Your forks are conected by the bearings and it can cause abnormal tire wear. Ive been trying to tell guys that on the other board for about 4 yrs now.
Think about it, everythings connected at that point.

wayne

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  nodakbassmaster Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:17 am

sorry boss, but it's normal for the front to wear out on the left side prior to the right... in other countries where thy drive on the other side of the road, the opposite is true...

key is to keep the tires from cupping...
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down