Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Jever Pick Up A Nail With Yer Darkside Tire?

+8
nodakbassmaster
kermit
Daniel Meyer
Larry Simpson
twin1300
Badmoon
Steve-O
greyboyfan
12 posters

Go down

'Jever Pick Up A Nail With Yer Darkside Tire? Empty 'Jever Pick Up A Nail With Yer Darkside Tire?

Post  greyboyfan Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:23 pm

And if you did, did you plug it? or what.

I found one in mine, and it was pretty short, and in at a Very, I mean Very slanted angle. I don't think it even went into the inner , you know, inside. I don't think it is even leaking air.

Wadda ya think I oughta do with it.
Thanks,
greyboyfan
greyboyfan

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-05-24

Back to top Go down

'Jever Pick Up A Nail With Yer Darkside Tire? Empty Re: 'Jever Pick Up A Nail With Yer Darkside Tire?

Post  Steve-O Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:32 pm

I picked up a nail in my mc tire, but not in my ct. One of the reasons I went with a ct was that I COULD plug it. I have dynabeads, so it should balance itself afterward.

So, my answer is no I haven't, but yes I would.... Just another thing to report on once it happens!
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

'Jever Pick Up A Nail With Yer Darkside Tire? Empty Re: 'Jever Pick Up A Nail With Yer Darkside Tire?

Post  Badmoon Tue Oct 28, 2008 7:34 pm

Just keep an eye on it if what you say it isnt leaking air. It is better to leave as is if it is not leaking air. You always run the risk of seperating the belts if you have to push a plug into the tire. I would always recomend putting a patch on the inside for a repair. The whole plug option to me is as a quick fix to get you home. JMO.

Moon
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:13 pm

I have plugged my car tire twice and never looked back....but it was on a tubeless rim!..... Very Happy

.....................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

'Jever Pick Up A Nail With Yer Darkside Tire? Empty RE JEVERPICK UP A NAIL IN YER CAR TIRE

Post  Larry Simpson Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:48 pm

#1 Moon If it ain't broke don't fix it. RIDE SAFE Larry S.
Larry Simpson
Larry Simpson

Number of posts : 1007
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Daniel Meyer Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:25 pm

Pull the nail. Squirt with soapy water. If it's not leaking don't worry it. (it won't suddenly start).

I plug to get home, patch from the inside if the tread is decent, replace if it's pretty well gone anyway.
Daniel Meyer
Daniel Meyer

Number of posts : 107
Registration date : 2007-12-25

http://lifeisaroad.com

Back to top Go down

Post  kermit Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:59 pm

I've got 2 plugs in mine with no problems.
kermit
kermit

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post  nodakbassmaster Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:22 am

yup, got a flat from a nail... guesstimating around 5 PSI even a low profile tire tire will release the bead Shocked took it off got it patched on the inside and been good for 1000's of miles since! Cool
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  dino Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:35 pm

as soon when I put ct on it (first few hundreds miles), found a 3"-4" screw in my general grabber. Went to wallmart and got me a plug kit, pluged it and rode over 4K on it, no problems at all, still ride on that tire.
dino
dino

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-01-05

http://www.boncphoto.com

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:39 pm

If its not leaking its not broke and wont break. As far as plugging a tire ...... Hell yeah plug it. I cut my frint tire on a piece of glass, 3/4 inch slice across the treads. I put 2 of the vulvanizing mushroom plugs in it and put about 300 miles on it waiting for my new tire to come in. If I had not been shopping for new rubber already I would not have replaced it. 17k out of a metz I was happy with it.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  onei Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:49 am

I've plugged my MT (before making the switch to the CT) then took a trip to Colorado. No problems.
onei
onei

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2008-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post  The Vulcaniser Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:43 pm

only had the tyre on 2 days...... but because it is such a tight fit, they had to oil the swing arms, deflate the tyre and took 3 guys to get it in there...... i straight up bought a plug repair and inflation kit....... because you ain't gonna get the tyre off on the side of the road. So i can plug it, and use the little cannisters to inflate it again if i need to. Good insurance i think.
The Vulcaniser
The Vulcaniser

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum