Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did the Deed Last Nite

5 posters

Go down

Did the Deed Last Nite Empty Did the Deed Last Nite

Post  04VTXC Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:42 am

I've been lurking in the shadows here for sometime now reading and gathering information. My ride's an '04 1300C. It was time for a new tire and I had been considering the Darkside. Well, it's official. The deed is done. I mounted a General Altimax 205/70/15. The guy at Cycle Gear wasn't sure it would work but after 80 lbs to seat the bead it balanced well. Put it on with the 44 psi he had in the tire and took it for a spin. Not the big difference in handling that I had expected. I dropped the pressure to 40 for a starting point. I think I'm gonna like the "Darkside". Thanks for all the great info guys.
Donnie

04VTXC

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-10-15

Back to top Go down

Did the Deed Last Nite Empty Re: Did the Deed Last Nite

Post  jedishon Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:27 am

Welcome to the darkside... Remember to wear off the mold release before going for it too much.....
Enjoy the ride...

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:03 am

Well Donnie, you are welcome sir and thanks for not just lurking, but giving it a try! We hope you like it as much as we do! Give it about 300 miles and get all the mold release off, then you will be used to the feel of the car tire and then you are really gonna love it. Post a pic of it when you get a chance and after you get some miles under your belt...give us a complete review of what you think?

Welcome to the wonderful world of the Darkside and dang glad to have you sir!

........................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  onei Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:41 pm

MOLD RELEASE??? You mean you are not supposed to ride it hard before that is gone??? Now you tell me!!! Laughing

Oh well! Too late. I went out LIME CREEK ROAD just a few hours after getting my tire mounted. Lime Creek is a fun ride with lots of twisties. I was literally on the verge of scraping pegs in these turns. My brother was behind me watching my tire as he is going to go to the Darkside when he replaces his tire (which will be soon).

So........in light of this, and in retrospect ... I'm glad nothing happened! But I still had fun. Laughing
onei
onei

Number of posts : 144
Registration date : 2008-06-26

Back to top Go down

Did the Deed Last Nite Empty RE: DID THE DEAD LAST NIGHT

Post  Larry Simpson Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:50 pm

Well now at least your brother will know Laughing Laughing Laughing RIDE SAFE Larry S.
Larry Simpson
Larry Simpson

Number of posts : 1007
Registration date : 2008-08-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down