Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hwy 62 from Talequah OK to Fayettville AR

4 posters

Go down

Hwy 62 from Talequah OK to Fayettville AR Empty Hwy 62 from Talequah OK to Fayettville AR

Post  Steve-O Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:12 pm

This is a good motorcycle road. Nice twisties, nice road condition, scenic, and not much congestion.

Road it Thursday on my way to Rogers AR. found it quite by accident. I was just trying out a road instead of taking the interstate.

From Fayettville, I headed north on 540. Nice road, but I want to find old highway 71 and ride it one of these days.

Anyway, if you get a chance, 62 is a great ride....
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Hwy 62 from Talequah OK to Fayettville AR Empty Re: Hwy 62 from Talequah OK to Fayettville AR

Post  Badmoon Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:56 pm

My advise is the same as yours This is coming from a coonass mind you. Ride dwown Hwy 71 to Mena and them get on the Talamena Parkway. Some of the best riding I have done to date. Not so conjested and really all you have to look out for is the chicken trucks on 71. Best advise I could give. Dont get too close to the chicken trucks as they leave a spray and pass when safe.

Ride safe yall
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Hwy 62 from Talequah OK to Fayettville AR Empty Re: Hwy 62 from Talequah OK to Fayettville AR

Post  DEFREEZER Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:28 pm

I really like HWY 14 from Yellville to Mountain view. and right before you get to mountain view, if you have time stop by Blanchard Springs, Very beautiful and a nice rest from the twisties.
DEFREEZER
DEFREEZER

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Badmoon Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:37 pm

DEFREEZER wrote:I really like HWY 14 from Yellville to Mountain view. and right before you get to mountain view, if you have time stop by Blanchard Springs, Very beautiful and a nice rest from the twisties.

Think that Ive been there. Where exactly is that?
Badmoon
Badmoon

Number of posts : 1699
Location : Swanpland (Gods Country) It is my horns that hold up my halo.
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve-O Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:46 pm

Rode talemena in June. That's the best ride I've ever been on. Lot's of good roads in that area.
Steve-O
Steve-O
Moderate user
Moderate user

Number of posts : 1153
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  DEFREEZER Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:54 pm

i pick up hwy 14 in mountain view ark, then we rode to Buffalo river area and finally to yellvile is not far from Eureka springs ark (seems to be biker central of the Ozarks these days). i really want to ride 14 on into missouri next trip.
DEFREEZER
DEFREEZER

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:28 am

A bunch of us Darksiders rode Talimena in April. Very nice!

Hwy 62 from Talequah OK to Fayettville AR P1010023

Hwy 62 from Talequah OK to Fayettville AR P1010039

.....................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum