Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

is my clutch going?

5 posters

Go down

is my clutch going? Empty is my clutch going?

Post  Hudi Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:26 am

i recently bought a ctr from hick. i have barnetts ss cables that are the exact same length as the OEM. my question is, when i installed the ctr and cable, i am maxed out on both adjustment bolts. does this have anything to do with my clutch? i have 13k on it and it seems to work fine. does the clutch need more and more pull as it wears? or does it just start slipping and such. all answers are welcome. thanks.

Hudi

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Back to top Go down

is my clutch going? Empty Re: is my clutch going?

Post  jedishon Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:54 am

Can't tell you on the X, but my BMW started slipping when it wore down, it was a dry clutch and an internal seal started to leak and got the disks all full of oil......
I think a clutch should last forever unless your riding it all the time. IMHO
Good luck bro....

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Poppawolf Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:17 pm

Your cable is what stretches over time and causes you to need adjustments. This isn't to say that you can't wear a clutch down enough to make a difference, but usually it is the cable stretching over time. Did you route the new cable the same as the old one? I have had instances on older bikes that moving a clamp was enough to mess everything up. Take a second look and see if something isn't lining up.

DB
Poppawolf
Poppawolf

Number of posts : 63

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:58 pm

Poppawolf wrote:Your cable is what stretches over time and causes you to need adjustments. This isn't to say that you can't wear a clutch down enough to make a difference, but usually it is the cable stretching over time. Did you route the new cable the same as the old one? I have had instances on older bikes that moving a clamp was enough to mess everything up. Take a second look and see if something isn't lining up.

DB

+1 on what Pappawolf said....................... Very Happy

With all the burn outs and double clutches me and Smokey have done....Shocked I think we would have worn one out by now and haven't!

...............bobby
twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  wayne Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:32 pm

+2 on what he said.
I have over 62,000 miles on my cluch, I am going to replace this off season. I just got the feeling, and it acks up once in a while. It allso slips just a little when I hit 2nd really hard with the 18 final and the car tire on it. Probley be able to get it up in 2nd then.

I still aint to old to get it up. Very Happy

wayne

Number of posts : 623

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:47 am

wayne wrote:+2 on what he said.
I have over 62,000 miles on my cluch, I am going to replace this off season. I just got the feeling, and it acks up once in a while. It allso slips just a little when I hit 2nd really hard with the 18 final and the car tire on it. Probley be able to get it up in 2nd then.

I still aint to old to get it up. Very Happy

bwwhahahahaha!

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum