Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I am so depressed

5 posters

Go down

I am so depressed Empty I am so depressed

Post  smokey2255 Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:45 pm

It has only been a week since I last got to ride. I am jonesing right now. To the point of being irritable, grouchy and just all around hard to live with. What makes it worse is knowing that it will be another month at least before I can ride again. I am getting ready to tear down for painting so no riding for a while. I just hope the weather is good to me in Feb so I can make the trip to collage station Tx on the bike. I have to go down for bi-annual fire fighter training, A&M has an excellent fire school. Anyway I want to ride down for a lot of reasons 1) I get to ride 2) it will be an iron butt for me as I am going to ride down in one day. 3) I get to ride 4) Like to have my own wheels when there instead of doing the group thing, how many times can you go eat at the same places. 5) I get to ride. plus the other reasons. Mainly it's about the ride. Shhh ............ Hear that ?????? The Mistress is talking to me, telling me how good the ride will be, It always is with her.

See ya there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

I am so depressed Empty Re: I am so depressed

Post  cerooth Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:23 pm

A&M is only about 3 hours from me, just gives me another reason to saddle up and ride. Very Happy Maybe I'll stop by their Meat Science center and pick up another cow. It's the only place I know of where I can get a box of meat for cheap. If anything, I might be able to ride down there sometime and we can hit Free Bird's.
cerooth
cerooth
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 569
Registration date : 2007-12-15

https://www.facebook.com/#!/cerooth

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:23 pm

Smokey,
I thought that being irritable, grouchy and just all around hard to live with was normal for you. I think we should nominate your wife for sainthood. Laughing
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:25 pm

cerooth wrote:A&M is only about 3 hours from me, just gives me another reason to saddle up and ride. Very Happy Maybe I'll stop by their Meat Science center and pick up another cow. It's the only place I know of where I can get a box of meat for cheap. If anything, I might be able to ride down there sometime and we can hit Free Bird's.

Looking forward to it.

Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:26 pm

Muntz wrote:Smokey,
I thought that being irritable, grouchy and just all around hard to live with was normal for you. I think we should nominate your wife for sainthood. Laughing

Muntz you are absolutely right, and that is putting it mildly. I am all that and then some. I do got to admit I screwed around and found me a good woman.

Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ttexastim Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:55 pm

I just got off the bike 15 minutes ago. You could do like I did ... sell your other vehicle, making the motorcycle your ONLY means of getting around. It sure sucks in a torrential down pour, or freezing temps, but once that engine gets reving and you get moving, you forget all about it!

Besides that ... it's more manly to ride in bad conditions (or stupid). Wink
ttexastim
ttexastim

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:39 pm

ttexastim wrote:I just got off the bike 15 minutes ago. You could do like I did ... sell your other vehicle, making the motorcycle your ONLY means of getting around. It sure sucks in a torrential down pour, or freezing temps, but once that engine gets reving and you get moving, you forget all about it!

Besides that ... it's more manly to ride in bad conditions (or stupid). Wink

Tim,

Now, that's what I am talking about. 24X7X265 motorcycle all the way! That's why I like the darkside. It will take just about any weather thrown at it and you will get off it at the end of the ride and say ...WOW!, What a tire!

................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689

Back to top Go down

Post  ttexastim Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:01 pm

twin1300 wrote:

Tim,

Now, that's what I am talking about. 24X7X265 motorcycle all the way! That's why I like the darkside. It will take just about any weather thrown at it and you will get off it at the end of the ride and say ...WOW!, What a tire!

................bobby

Exactly. People think it's so dumb to want more then 6K miles on a tire. I guess to some people that will last them 3 years. But to me, it's 6 months. I haven't done the math, but I'm sure that spending $145 every 6 months negates quite a bit of the money I'm saving on gas mileage.

The other great thing about driving daily, is that it is quite the stress releaser. I can have a horrible day at work, but the ride home (even though I do it every day) is a ton a fun. I always get home with a smile on my face. It's especially fun when I get to pick up my son from day care, and he rides with me. He's been on the bike since he was 3, and holds me tight while he sings songs and talks. THAT is what I call bonding time!
ttexastim
ttexastim

Number of posts : 593
Registration date : 2007-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum