Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dumb Question

3 posters

Go down

Dumb Question Empty Dumb Question

Post  jnv753 Fri Sep 19, 2008 4:20 pm

I have been searhing for a 205-65R-15 for my 1300C model. I am afraid that if I buy one it won't fit. I thgought I saw a post here somewhere that said the "relaxed" inside edge to inside edge has got to be less that 5". Am I crazy or what? Some of the tires I looked at sitting on the floor with no weight on them were anywhere from 5-6.5" outside bead to outside bead. One tire I looked at was at sam's club and it said it would go on a rim 5-7" wide. I am going nuts here because I am installing Bubs in a few days and I thought while I had the pipes off i would change the tire so what I guess I am saying is HELLLLLLPPPPPPP

jnv753

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Back to top Go down

Dumb Question Empty Re: Dumb Question

Post  wezzy69 Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:08 pm

hey i thought the same thing and I'm new to the darkside really new (one day on the darkside) couldn't find any tire at wal-mart ,sams, tire mart less than 5.5" to 6" went to pepboys and found a optimo h418 and it was 4.5" just keep looking

'"

wezzy69

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post  horseman8m Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:22 am

go with a tire that the others have success with and don't worry about the bead width , UNLESS you are looking for something new that nobody has put on before then Measure twice before you bye.
Horse
horseman8m
horseman8m

Number of posts : 1449
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down