Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oil pressure wire

3 posters

Go down

Oil pressure wire Empty Oil pressure wire

Post  kermit Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:42 pm

Looking for it and can't find it. I'm trying to hook up a buzzer to let me know when I leave my key on and the bike is dead. I 'm trying to tie a buzzer into the oil pressure wire. TennX said it was under tank (I'm guessing the bundle under the front right spark plug cover.) He says it's a blue wire with a red trace. Any help out there.
kermit
kermit

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Oil pressure wire Empty Re: Oil pressure wire

Post  smokey2255 Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:42 pm

Now why would you need that?????? Laughing Laughing Laughing Embarassed Embarassed Shocked Very Happy Laughing

Sorry couldnt help it. Laugh yall ..... lifes to short for all that rolling your eyes thinking "how sophmorish is that" cause you know its more like 4th grade anyway.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  kermit Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:14 pm

smokey2255 wrote:Now why would you need that?????? Laughing Laughing Laughing Embarassed Embarassed Shocked Very Happy Laughing

Sorry couldnt help it. Laugh yall ..... lifes to short for all that rolling your eyes thinking "how sophmorish is that" cause you know its more like 4th grade anyway.

See you out there
Smokey

You are no help. I found it and mods done. Remember the battery and Mt Ida trip. That's why I would need it.
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post  Tanglefoot Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:41 pm

Kermit, I'm glad you found the wire you were looking for. I hope you haven't left the ignition on since Mt. Ida. Sure glad we didn't have to push start your bike. Anyway, once we left the cafe you really charged it up when you left the rest of us behind is dust and smoke.
Tanglefoot
Tanglefoot
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  kermit Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:42 am

I've had a reminder for quite some time when I leave my lights on. It's the Steve reminder. Problem is, he's not always with me and sometimes he gets distracted. So, for those times, I need something. And, yes, I've had various incidents. Usually it's in my yard, when I'm intending to ride and get off for a second and get busy and the second turns into a half hour or so.
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:35 am

Hi Kermit!

Good to see you here! I left my lights on once. Embarassed Oh, well . . . Since most of my miles have been without my memory system (Greg), I learned to never get off the bike without taking my key with me. It took some great effort on my part, but now that it's habit I don't even think about it. And believe me, short term memory is not my forte, lol! I've got to start learning to work on my bike, it's been too many years since I've done any engine work. I used to help my dad with the cars all the time and helped him pull and rebuild an engine from an 1952 MGTD many, many moons ago. Kudos to you for doing your own wrenching. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  kermit Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:48 am

Part of my problem is my key mod. I never take the key out of the ignition (except at hotels for some reason). anyway, my exhaust gets so hot on my leg when I stop, that I have to put it on the kickstand fast and because of this, I usually turn it off when I get off. I get easily destracted and start to walk away. Fortunately, I'm a little obsessive compulsive and this ususally makes me turn back several times. But, the key switch also aggrevates my OC. I find myself leaving the store to come back out and check to make sure I killed it. The buzzer is going to serve me well.
kermit
kermit

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:59 am

OC is a pain isn't it? The buzzer will serve you well. I was going to do the key mod on my bike, but decided that it would cause me the same trouble you are having. Plus Greg would be forever nagging me about it. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum