Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wow what a change

3 posters

Go down

wow what a change Empty wow what a change

Post  bs1800 Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:53 pm

To start with, I test drove that new Can Am Spyder. While its a fun ride its not the powerhouse that they make out to be. There really no tourque to speak of under about 4500 rpm. But rev to 5000 in 1st and dump it, it will destroy that back tire. I had a stop sign and a marker picked out to see which was faster the spyder are the 1800 vtx. I tried it with the spyder and hit 100mph so I went back to get my vtx and I tried it. Normally my bike will just smoke the crap out of the tire on a hard launch but here there was new concrete pavement so when I launched I pulled the front tire about 3 feet off the ground and had to get out of it. That was something I was used to on my old sports bike but not the VTX. All can say with new CT I got some major traction off the line. Its impressive to see the bike smoke that car tire down the way it does but even more impressive to see an 1800cc criuser pull wheel stands with no problem. Very Happy

bs1800

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-04-09

Back to top Go down

wow what a change Empty Re: wow what a change

Post  horseman8m Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:25 am

Did anyone get a picture , I would like a photo of an 1800 up on one wheel. next time have someone push a button one you, thanks
horseman8m
horseman8m

Number of posts : 1449
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  bs1800 Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:47 am

I think next time will have to be planed. But my wife is the photograhpher in the family and she would probably kill me. I guess i need another photographer. Very Happy

bs1800

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-04-09

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:20 am

Yep, I stood my 1300 up in Mena AR and when I got it back done I had this large cone of seat material I had to hammer back down.............. Very Happy

...............bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down