Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dogulas tires

4 posters

Go down

Dogulas tires Empty Dogulas tires

Post  mlr1968 Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:38 am

Ok, i am going to the darkside just not immediatly. Was wondering where are u guys gettting the Dogulas 205/65/15? I can get them for $60.00 at Wal-mart, so I know that ain't too bad, but i am a cheap wad to a certain extent,lol so any good links would be appreciated. bounce
mlr1968
mlr1968

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Back to top Go down

Dogulas tires Empty Re: Dogulas tires

Post  smokey2255 Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:28 am

Walmart seems to be the best bet so far. When you buy it take your rim in with you and get them to mount it. Sometimes you get an openminded tech.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Dogulas tires Empty One other question.

Post  mlr1968 Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:33 am

I have a dealer or stealer (you decide the correct term Razz) who will mount the ct. I am going to ask my bike mechanic if he will though. I need some new brakes installed also. Oh one other question, how does the CT handle in slow driving? Reason I ask is I talked to a guy with a 1800 who had a CT on, but took it off about 1 year later due to his constant driving slowly on rough roads, he said he really liked it on curves and bad weather, but the majority of his riding is on slow, badly paved back roads. He did say that he may decide to put it back on down the road if his driving habits changed. Basically he said he had to do some extra countersteer? Everone have a greaT DARKSIDE wekend. Razz
mlr1968
mlr1968

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:23 am

mlr1968 wrote:I have a dealer or stealer (you decide the correct term Razz) who will mount the ct. I am going to ask my bike mechanic if he will though. I need some new brakes installed also. Oh one other question, how does the CT handle in slow driving? Reason I ask is I talked to a guy with a 1800 who had a CT on, but took it off about 1 year later due to his constant driving slowly on rough roads, he said he really liked it on curves and bad weather, but the majority of his riding is on slow, badly paved back roads. He did say that he may decide to put it back on down the road if his driving habits changed. Basically he said he had to do some extra countersteer? Everone have a greaT DARKSIDE wekend. Razz

mlr,

I get stuck in commuter traffic daily and slow ride all the time with no issues. I snap 180's full lock in parking lots with ease and love the slow riding characteristics. Plus stopping at stop signs and about 50 percent of the time I don't have to put my feet down. I guess it depends on your riding style. I don't know about others, maybe they will chime in, but I haven't heard of slow riding problems.

Any glad to have you here and makes yourself at home.

.....................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  wayne Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:41 am

+ 1 what twin said.
The 205 Im running now feels better than the 200 mt I had on the rear, after it had about about 5 k on the tire, it was worn in the middle and it rode like a ct that was not worn.

wayne

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum