Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Am I enjoying the Darkside TOO MUCH?

+5
horseman8m
twin1300
jedishon
nodakbassmaster
Stick-Man
9 posters

Go down

Am I enjoying the Darkside TOO MUCH? Empty Am I enjoying the Darkside TOO MUCH?

Post  Stick-Man Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:11 pm

O.K., so I am still pretty new to the Darkside. The first 100 miles or so I took fairly easy to get accustom to the new feel of being on the Darkside. The next full tank of gas my fuel light on the dash came on with less than 70 miles on the odometer?! I normally got over 100 miles before the light came on. After having thought about it, I can honestly say that the throttle twist factor has to have something to do with because I just LOVE the new found grip I now have. I went with a GYTT 205/60/16 on my 1800C. Should I notice a fuel mileage difference on the Darkside assuming that I again lay off the throttle?

Stick-Man

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-06-07

http://www.wayofthemaster.com

Back to top Go down

Am I enjoying the Darkside TOO MUCH? Empty Re: Am I enjoying the Darkside TOO MUCH?

Post  nodakbassmaster Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:13 pm

go back to driving it the way you did and your mileage should be close to the same as before Laughing Wink
nodakbassmaster
nodakbassmaster
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1604
Registration date : 2007-12-15

Back to top Go down

Am I enjoying the Darkside TOO MUCH? Empty Re: Am I enjoying the Darkside TOO MUCH?

Post  jedishon Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:50 pm

Gas isn't cheap anymore but fun is priceless....

Jerry
jedishon
jedishon
Super User
Super User

Number of posts : 4436
Registration date : 2007-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post  twin1300 Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:33 pm

I feel you stick-man,

People say I ride my 1300 like it was a dirt bike because I have so much grip! It's know that I will not go back to a motorcycle tire on the rear, I don't think I could if I wanted too. I would kill myself if I rode my bike with a slipping and sliding motorcycle tire and I rode it as hard as I ride my car tire..................... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

...................bobby

twin1300
twin1300
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4689
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  horseman8m Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:26 am

jedishon wrote:Gas isn't cheap anymore but fun is priceless....

Jerry

That's right Jerry, I didn't get a vtx for the mileage I got it for the fun factor , if I was looking for a mileage bike I would have got a 250 Rebel .
horseman8m
horseman8m

Number of posts : 1449
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Stick-Man Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:22 am

Thanks, nodakbassmaster (and others) for the reassurance that just being on the Darkside doesn't have to kill my gas mileage. It was just something that I noticed on my second full tank of gas on the DS and wasn't something I expected. I think I will take it a little easier on a daily basis and maybe save the fun just for the weekends.

Thanks,

Stick-Man

Number of posts : 9

http://www.wayofthemaster.com

Back to top Go down

Post  smokey2255 Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:34 pm

To pick up on what Twin said, I rode my bike for a couple hundred miles back on a mc tire right after I did the foots mod. (rim came with an almost new dunny) I can tell you that tire SCARED THE HELL out of me several times. I rode it once in the rain and my pants were wet when I got home. First time I ever got wet in the crotch riding in the rain Laughing Laughing . That mc tire was way scary. I actually quit riding it til I was able to get the car tire mounted it sucked that bad. Yeah having that grip does tend to kill the MPG factor but the fun factor seriously over compensates it.

See you out there
Smokey
smokey2255
smokey2255
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2451
Registration date : 2007-12-14

Back to top Go down

Post  horseman8m Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:56 pm

I used to get 48 mpg , then put a windshield on and it dropped to 45 mpg, when i put the darkside tire on the highway mileage went up to 48 mpg (taller tire) but the city mileage went down to 44 mpg . and yes when i first put on the DS I did lay on the throttle a bit much. but now that I have about 400 miles on it I have gone back to my normal driving habits.

Drive safe, Horse
horseman8m
horseman8m

Number of posts : 1449
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Am I enjoying the Darkside TOO MUCH? Empty MPG'S

Post  Kip Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:00 pm

Stick man My gas mileage has not change at all with the CT. 110 to 120 miles to the low fuel light
I am about 700 mi.into the CT and yes the grip is Great. I told you in your other post to just do it
and it sounds like you are glad you did have fun Kip.

Kip

Number of posts : 4

Back to top Go down

Post  Muntz Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:42 pm

My fuel mileage goes up and down like a yo-yo. Some weeks I romp on it, others I just take it easy. Then theres certain little sections of road that I just always seem to have a need for speed. I'm just glad I havent made the neighbors mad. Laughing
Muntz
Muntz
Uber User
Uber User

Number of posts : 1907
Registration date : 2007-12-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Morgan Buchanan Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:42 pm

Yeah, no difference in MPG for me with the Darkside.. .now when I threw a 1300 drive on my rear end, I'm noticing some difference.
Morgan Buchanan
Morgan Buchanan

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2007-12-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down