Riding on the Darkside
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

air pressure

2 posters

Go down

air pressure Empty air pressure

Post  kermitdog Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:21 pm

i'm gonna mount a Falken Ziex ZE-512 205/65R-15 94H B on my 1300s. what should I set the air pressure at? should it be what the tire is set for or does it need to be more/less cause it's being mounted on a motorcycle? thax much for your info!
kermitdog
kermitdog

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Back to top Go down

air pressure Empty Re: air pressure

Post  horseman8m Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:54 pm

I can't tell you what you should do but what I did , keep in mind that i have a def. tire .
I started out with the max press that was printed on the tire , in my case it was 44 psi , I rode on that for about 100 miles and then when I was used to the way the tire felt on the road I lowered it to 40 psi and didn't fell any change, 25 miles later I went to 38 psi and then started to feel smoother and absorbed the road a little , I ended up with 36 psi and it feels great there so I left it at 36psi and I am staying with that. if you want to read about tire size and pressure look up the write up of Twin , DAN , Toasted and do a search for tire pressure, tire matrix and pressure.
I hope that I helped you , ride safe, Horse
horseman8m
horseman8m

Number of posts : 1449
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum